El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

15 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Aye. Evens just to win it. 

They’re 11/10 on William hill to lift trophy. Are you not worried they will double scunner you and win in extra time?

Edited by throbber

34 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

The point i am making is that there has always been this argument from english pundits that these guys have to be the elite, competing in the champions league every year to be anywhere near the level, yet they are going into it with players from mid table teams. 

But most of them play at the top level. This is genuinely the best group of players they've ever had, depth-wise especially.

The other thing is that the Premier League has gotten richer and richer and even the mid-table teams have some of the best in world football. The current Brazil squad contains players playing for Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves and Fulham.

If Guehi or Eze were Scottish we'd be wanking ourselves silly over them tbh

26 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Big Spanish population in Laaaandaan.

Seek your brethern oot

Hopefully they are all at Kylie at Hyde park 🤣

9 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

Don’t panic. England have trophy repellant Harry Kane

This is what worries me. He joined the club that wins everything and still ends up winning nothing. 

This has a Hibs and Scottish Cup inevitably about it. 

Edited by Michael W

I'm expecting England to try and shut up shop and then shit-fest themselves another spawney goal/ win on pens. 

I was saying to my English mate, on the dog walk this morning, that referee performance last night would have had me raging 6-8 years ago. Now, I just think there's an air of inevitability that these wankers are going to win something and there's no point in me getting wound up about it. 

Southgate has them set up well and he knows how to use his bench. 

Hoping the Spanish rout them though!

44 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if England don't win this now. It's had that feeling about it since the Bellingham overhead kick and it's snowballed since then. Spain have been easily the best team up to now but it has that air of inevitability about it. I backed England at 7/2 a couple of rounds back but I will be delighted to lose my money, I just have a very strong hunch it's not happening though.

Yes, that's how I see it too.

I always dread English progress in these tournaments, but for a long time, it rarely got all that threatening.  They were, by a distance , the biggest underachievers In International football, especially after France and then Spain got their acts together.

In recent years though, they've obviously been getting closer.  It's a spell that's also seen the emergence of players like Saka and Bellingham.  

There is therefore an inevitability about them winning one.  It really feels like it might be happening this time.  I became convinced of it when they squeaked past Slovakia with the very late equaliser.  

The additional worry is that when they win one, it might just be the start of a run.

Come on Spain, for Christ's sake.

30 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

3-2 England.

4-0 Spain.

Let the plastic chairs fly!

Riots in Hull, Gillingham, Burnley and a couple of other shitholes.

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

They’re 11/10 on William hill to lift trophy. Are you not worried they will double scunner you and win in extra time?

Extremely and it almost feels inevitable. 

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

I can only see one outcome here. The same thing is going to happen as it did 3 years ago.

England's luck will run out.

I banked on it happening three years ago and I'm banking on it now.

England are very well organised and Gareth Southgate is getting everything out of the squad but Spain are far superior.

It'll probably be 2-0 to Spain.

We can but hope...