Rules and Prize Money for The Indigo Comms Pie and Bovril WoSFL Predictor Competition 2024/25

As mentioned before, in a bid to attract more interest in this section of the forum, I'd like to run another predictor competition over the course of this season, The format is fairly simple in that there will be six fixtures posted each week and all you need to do is predict the correct score of each. Having asked previously who would be interested in playing, we currently have 20 participants. They are...

Jimbaxters ✓

@Shanner ✓

@funky monkey ✓

@Kenny*******Powers ✓

@Shannon ✓

@Dean Learner ✓

@Emiliano ZaBankie ✓

@megaspinnernet2 ✓

@happy ✓

@dagane ✓

@amnarab ✓

@Darvel legend ✓

@93glens17 ✓

@Budandavodka ✓

@Cairn Cheerleader

@coineanach ✓

@BC63 ✓

@Forfoxsake ✓

@coolerking83 ✓

@TediousTom ✓

@99blue baloons ✓

@EK man ✓

@Johnstonian

As the prize money is bigger this year, I am happy to take more players so there is still time to enter however so if anyone else fancies it, please let me know via this thread.

Start Date

The first matches will on the second round of matches on 3rd August 2024. This also gives us a bit of time to get more participants and get entry fee in.

Finish Date

The final round of predictions will be on the last day of the season for the WoSFL Premier league, usually in May.

Entry Fee

We will stick with last season's entry fee of £10. As I don’t want the responsibility of holding this, I have contacted the site owner @Div. He has provided a means of sending the entry fee and the site will hold it for us during the competition then send the prize money to winner(s) at the end.

He has asked that we send the £10 via Paypal to webmaster@pieandbovril.com

If you indicate it is for “Friends or Family” there should be no admin fee. Please also remember to write in the description that it’s the entry fee for the above competition and also include your site username. I would appreciate it if you let me know when you have sent the money over, either on this thread or by PM before the start date. This will allow me to tally it up with Div and keep track of who is in.

If you are struggling to use PayPal, PM me for an alternative method of payment.

Prizes

If all those who have indicated they want in send their money we will have a pot of £200. We the have amazing £100 sponsorship from Indigo Comms and a wonderful £50 for Jim Wylie Mortgages and Div has also kindly offered to add another £50 to the pot so many thanks to all for supporting the competition like this. Therefore we have a total of £430. I want to run a main competition throughout the season but also run a cup competition again for the last few matches in April/May. Details of how this will work will be given nearer the time. So, for now let’s go with the following prize money,

Main Competition- 1st - £150

2nd - £90

3rd- £60

4th - £30

Cup Competition- I will allocate £50 to this.

I would also like to dedicate the highest weekly score to Jim Wylie Mortgages so there will be a £50 prize for this.

Depending on how much the pot is when we begin on 3rd August the above figures may change but I will make it clear what the prizes are from the start of the competition. If anyone pulls out midway through the season they cannot claim their entry fee back.

Scoring

Correct score = 10 points

Correct Result = 3 points

Correct Score for one team = 1 point

For example, I predict the score to be Clydebank 1 Pollok 2

If this is exactly right I get 10 points

If the actual final score is any other Pollok win, I get 3 points

If the actual final score is Clydebank 1 Pollok 3, I get 4 points for the Clydebank number of goals being correct

If the actual final score is Clydebank 1 Pollok 1, I get one point

If the final score is Clydebank 2 Pollok 1, I get zip!

At the end of the competition, in the event of a tie, the player with the most correct scores (10 pointers) over the season will win and if they are the same, the prize will be split.

Hopefully that’s clear but happy to explain more if you need me to.

Fixtures and updates

I will try to update as soon as I can but it will probably be every Monday where I post updated scores and the following six fixtures.

Deadline

Please submit all predictions on the correct thread, not by PM as it’s better that we all see each other’s prediction. They must be submitted before 1.00 pm on the Saturday. The site will record the time and this must be strictly adhered to.

I think that’s everything we need to know but if there is anything else you guys think of let me know. 

I will post the first fixtures at the weekend.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Thanks pal. I hope I haven't made any mistakes in the post. Copied and pasted mostly from last year 

looked ok to me but I'm not known for my eye for detail!

Posted (edited)

List in the opening post is updated. Tick next to your name means payment received, although I have sent some of you a PM to match the names with usernames. I appreciate some of you are not online often but it would be good to get it all sorted before Saturday.

Looking at 22 players all being well. If anyone else wants in, add your name here or on the Week 1 thread with your predictions. Cheers.

Edited by jimbaxters