Motherwell v Ross County - 03/08/24

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

M74 closed South of Motherwell, big queue getting off the motorway although predominantly taking the Hamilton exit it is impacting Motherwell. 

From Ayrshire I usually come in via East Kilbride. Looking at alternatives, there doesnt look as if there is anything quicker. Going via the M8 or in through Bellshill looks about the same.

Is it possible to get off at the Raith interchange and come through Strathclyde Park?

Edited by joewarkfanclub

I'm normally of the opinion that the LC Group stage isn't real life - it's a weird twilight zone where (Premiership) teams deliberately put out odd line-ups to get everyone match fit or are playing with huge holes in their squads ahead of the transfer window - but I do have mild fear about how August is going to go.

We've got a genuinely ridiculous injury list for this stage of the season - and I can't see how we fill the Blair Spittal sized hole in the team with what we have available. 

Expecting a big improvement from the Thistle game but would be surprised if the apple is getting it's first outing of the season later today...

4 minutes ago, 21maxwell said:

2-1 Well. Stama late winner if he's involved.

Whilst I do always have a bit of fear, Ross County do have Ricki Lamie and Jordan White.

If Jordan White was our main goal threat we'd have problems, but he's a useful player for the donkey work. Certainly not near our worst player

5 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

s it possible to get off at the Raith interchange and come through Strathclyde Park?

Aye, you can go off at the Raith and cut through the park (speed bumps all the way so about 10 mins end to end), then straight ahead and up Airbles Rd at the other side. Don't think there's any roadworks on Airbles, but when I went up Hamilton Rd a few days ago there were temp lights at the mini roundabout at The Loaning and again at the Town Hall. 

41 minutes ago, 21maxwell said:

2-1 Well. Stama late winner if he's involved.

Whilst I do always have a bit of fear, Ross County do have Ricki Lamie and Jordan White.

Incoming Jordan White goal and a Ricki Lamie own goal.

Ravenscraig dual carriageway is down to single both ways at the moment. Looks like it might be just cutting the central reservation but cones the entire way at the moment for anyone thinking of cutting through that way. 

11 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Incoming Jordan White goal and a Ricki Lamie own goal.

Im pretty sure Lamie is injured along with Nightingale so no idea what our back line will be today. Maybe a start for Dylan Smith

57 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

From Ayrshire I usually come in via East Kilbride. Looking at alternatives, there doesnt look as if there is anything quicker. Going via the M8 or in through Bellshill looks about the same.

Is it possible to get off at the Raith interchange and come through Strathclyde Park?

I would just allow an extra 5 minutes, you are only on the M74 for one junction

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Ravenscraig dual carriageway is down to single both ways at the moment. Looks like it might be just cutting the central reservation but cones the entire way at the moment for anyone thinking of cutting through that way. 

They’re gone now 

I forgot Lamie had signed for County.

Heading into the start of the league cup group game I was feeling pretty positive about this season but now not so much. If we start the same team and play like we did against Partick then we'll get beat. I'd like to see Seddon and Balmer start but don't think they will. 

3 hours ago, ropy said:

M74 closed South of Motherwell, big queue getting off the motorway although predominantly taking the Hamilton exit it is impacting Motherwell. 

The road has reopened, an accident apparently 

Nightingale back into the side immediately makes that back 5 look so much more solid than previously expected. Hopefully he sees out the 90.

Midfield might get overrun, though. Just don’t like the pairing of Loturi and Randall alone. I think they need another enforcer in there with them.