Depressed Dunfermline v Bouyant Bairns

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Also gutted to be missing this as my sister is selfishly throwing her 30th birthday party today.

Go to it next year then act surprised it was last year.  This also works for 'special' wedding anniversaries but not Christmas' or funerals

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Also gutted to be missing this as my sister is selfishly throwing her 30th birthday party today.

Can’t miss your wife’s birthday party now can you.

Up until yesterday, I was fairly confident about today. Then I started getting an awful feeling that we could f**k it up.

On recent form, we should win. But we saw the season before last that strange things can happen in these games - shitty goals lost, goals given when the ball hasn't crossed the line, stonewall penalties for one of the best saves I saw that season - by the Dunfermline captain in the 2-2 game - not given. And we all saw last Friday that referees are still intent on f**king us over.

I hope Nesbitt is fit because there is an entirely different dynamic, literally, when he plays. I would also like to see Yeats start at right-back because as much as we were told Adams was a right-back playing at centre-half in the League Cup games, he never once looked like it whereas he did at times look like a centre-half playing at right-back last Friday.

Also, if things are going against us, I'd like to see McGlynn try something different - 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 to give MacIver some support through the middle, for example - rather than just try the same tactics with different players (Alfie and Ethan on for Morrison and Miller, as is the case every week).

Having said all that, I'll go for a fairly comfortable away win ...

With Dunfermline not really being up for this game despite the noises is it a possibility they get game called off due to the wind. I'm not sure their rickety old stands could stand it anyway. Would give them time to sign some.Celtic kids on loan to bolster their meagre squad before they play us.

30 minutes ago, choirbairn said:

Up until yesterday, I was fairly confident about today. Then I started getting an awful feeling that we could f**k it up.

On recent form, we should win. But we saw the season before last that strange things can happen in these games - shitty goals lost, goals given when the ball hasn't crossed the line, stonewall penalties for one of the best saves I saw that season - by the Dunfermline captain in the 2-2 game - not given. And we all saw last Friday that referees are still intent on f**king us over.

I hope Nesbitt is fit because there is an entirely different dynamic, literally, when he plays. I would also like to see Yeats start at right-back because as much as we were told Adams was a right-back playing at centre-half in the League Cup games, he never once looked like it whereas he did at times look like a centre-half playing at right-back last Friday.

Also, if things are going against us, I'd like to see McGlynn try something different - 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 to give MacIver some support through the middle, for example - rather than just try the same tactics with different players (Alfie and Ethan on for Morrison and Miller, as is the case every week).

Having said all that, I'll go for a fairly comfortable away win ...

20230509_203848.jpg

I might be 10000km away but I can feel the excitement building from here..

lets get right into them from the start.

3 minutes ago, Home Truths said:

Is Chris Kane fit for this match then? He makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, Markpar said:

Yes, he’s fit!

Hendo - I have a simple task for you in the first 2 minutes. It involves your studs.

Feeling nervous about this now. Felt nervy before QP. Guess that's just how it's gonna be in this league. Over the moon with any sort of win today, which again, I think will take a while to wear off. Just want us to settle into the league finding wins. Don't care how many pundits have tipped us to do well I think the step up will be there to see again today in some aspects even if the Pars haven't started well and we will.need to be at our best. 

If Dunfermline are as poor as the fans are suggesting and it's all about turmoil between board and management then we're getting them at the right time hopefully, but aye, just go there and play our game today with a big vocal backing and hopefully the run continues. 

Ideal scenario is we start right on the front foot, press high and get an early goal, getting their fans to turn sharpish which will affect their players on the pitch. Happened to us so many times over the years when we were in a bad place, would be nice for us to do it to someone else.

(Cue us going 1-0 down after 3 minutes)

Edited by 18BAIRN76