Raw dogging

I’ve recently become aware of a new TikTok trend where passengers on long haul flights are encouraged to “raw dog” the entire journey.

What this means is that for the entire journey, you don’t read any books, watch any films/TV, play any video games etc. You just sit alone with your thoughts (some raw doggers do use the flight map feature).

Extreme versions of the trend also don’t allow raw doggers to eat or drink anything or stand up for any reason (no toilet breaks).

BBC News covered the trend in a recent article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5y83kj3wg2o.amp

Raw dogging has also made it into the corporate world with some social media users claiming to have raw dogged an entire work day with no emails sent, no meetings attended, no work done, no water and no lunch. Just 7 hours alone with their own though.

Have any P&B’ers ever gone raw dogging?

Edited by JS_FFC

4 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Raw dogging has also made it into the corporate world with some social media users claiming to have raw dogged an entire work day with no emails sent, no meetings attended, no work done, no water and no lunch.

That's me most days apart from the lunch.

If you didn't know it already, the move of raw dogging into the workplace confirms that these people are absolute arseholes. It'll inevitably be picked up by emotional intelligence gurus in some shape or form. The world is already a poorer place thanks to raw dogging. f**k them all.

On a recent 12 hour flight I didn't get out of my seat for over six hours, mostly due to the fact that I hate public toilets and held it for as long as possible but also because I watched some stuff and played a few games on the screen. When I did stand up I thought my legs were going to give way. Genuinely gave me a fright so made sure I got up at least every hour after that just to stretch. This nonsense must be dangerous as well as being completely pointless.

You just know that some cool mom has horrified her kids by telling their schoolmates that she's going to be raw dogging on her weekend away.

Remember when you were young and your mum would say 'If [person/object] told you to jump in front of a bus, would you do it?'? These days I am fairy certain people would. People are, by and large, utter morons, and unfortunately social media exacerbates that. Some TikTok fella will soon post about how he lives off a diet of horseshit and Dettol and no doubt that will take off too.

The irony too, of bragging about how you abstained from social media, by posting it on social media. 

2 minutes ago, southernrover said:

Remember when you were young and your mum would say 'If [person/object] told you to jump in front of a bus, would you do it?'? These days I am fairy certain people would. People are, by and large, utter morons, and unfortunately social media exacerbates that. Some TikTok fella will soon post about how he lives off a diet of horseshit and Dettol and no doubt that will take off too.

The irony too, of bragging about how you abstained from social media, by posting it on social media. 

You could argue that with Ivermectin, it already has .

Flights are one of those things that have gradually got better over time, unless you're a smoker I suppose. 

Even on shortish flights you've gone from no entertainment to WiFi less entertainment to WiFi enabled entertainment plus whatever you download in advance, and being able to use devices for the entire flight rather than just the cruise. 

People who are doing this raw dog flight stuff are idiots, lying, or both. 

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Japanese /Korean fusion cuisine at its most challenging 

I'd be interested to know where canine sits on the cooking scale. Safe to eat medium-rare, like beef, or 'risk of tapeworms and/or horrific food poisoning' like pork and chicken?