Morton Minnows v Flying Falkirk

Just now, Blame Me said:

You boys look like you might be due a bit of exposure to playing the like of "Annan Athletic" and "Kelty Hearts" if you keep shipping two goal leads ...

Aye but Ali Crawford is keen for them to learn from it and see it out till half time next time... 🤣 Baby steps eh

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

From Ian Sneddon's picture it looks similar to the one Donaldson got slaughtered for at Edinburgh last season. Soft but you can't be pulling back in the box or that'll happen.

Morton fans were more than happy when the ref was pulling us up for them in the middle of the park 🤷‍♂️

Bit rich for Morton fans to be talking about “horrible patter” when you know they’d have been swarming this thread with much of the same schtick, if only their team of jobbers hadn’t bottled a two goal lead. 

Thought Morton were a decent side, apart from that big heifer up front. Well drilled and got in our faces. I was glad to see Crawford go off though. I like Cappielow - proper ground and a decent noise. 

40 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Some absolutely horrific patter on show. What 5 years of playing the likes of "Annan Athletic" and "Kelty Hearts" does to a mf'er.

Get it right f**king up you. 

A decent game, where the refereeing was again poor. Thought neither of the challenges preceding the two Morton goals were fouls & the pen was extremely soft. In fact, the barge right at the end of the half, was a far better claim & it was turned down. Falkirk’s defending was a bit shambolic & to get in the same dirt of fankle, from the same position, really isn’t good enough.

Kinda hard to tell on the quality of the equaliser, from the other end, as it appeared to go through a melee of bodies before hitting the net.

Thought the Bairns were comfortable 2nd half, with the exception of slack passing the cause being hit on the break a few times.

Alfie’s change of balance & finish was worthy of winning the game.

MacIver & Ross the best today for me.

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

First half we were good. Can't be throwing away a 2 goal lead though regardless of how soft the penalty was. Taits goal was a lovely finish. I thought we should have had a pen for the foul on Garrity in the first half.

Second half both teams have chances but Falkirks subs change the game and ours do nothing. Can see why Falkirk have started so well as they move the ball about well and have a strong squad. Those we really struggled to contain miller and Adams.

Speaking to a couple of Falkirk fans after the game and they were good guys. Can't be any of the posters on here.

I spoke to a couple whilst trying to get to the bar in the Norseman. Absolute roasters so they probably post on here.

As for the game - we were getting nothing out of JET again. I understand Moffat going off because of his booking but taking Wilson off was essentially conceding the game. We ended up wasting more time in our half at the end than Falkirk did. The lack of urgency when we went behind was very frustrating.

Referee was abysmal but was far from being the reason we lost that. We were lucky not to be behind at the break after a couple of desperate clearances.

Just now, Swordfishtrombone said:

I tried to watch the interview but I was cringing so much at the ton tv guy addressing Imrie as 'gaffer' I couldn't concentrate on the rest of it.

Both Imrie and Crawford basically say the same thing. Some would say word for word at parts 🤔