Morton Minnows v Flying Falkirk

Imrie whining about a freekick taken quickly deep within our half ffs. There was still 70 yards to go to the Morton goal. Can't comment on our pen it was up the other end of the park but as I said garritys was never a pen and imrie is bleating about it too. Worst decisions of the day we're his subs. Morton never troubled us at all after that .

Imrie conveniently forgetting Morten scored from two soft free kicks themselves. And that he was a horrible cheating b*****d of a player himself. Refs at this level are much like league 1 - rank rotten for the most part

Did the fat ride of a striker manage to fit down the tunnel at full time? Utterly embarrassing to be dishing out professional contracts to players that make Kris Boyd look like a poster boy for Weightwatchers 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Imrie conveniently forgetting Morten scored from two soft free kicks themselves. And that he was a horrible cheating b*****d of a player himself. Refs at this level are much like league 1 - rank rotten for the most part

Did the fat ride of a striker manage to fit down the tunnel at full time? Utterly embarrassing to be dishing out professional contracts to players that make Kris Boyd look like a poster boy for Weightwatchers 

I am certain the 2nd they scored was offside

2 hours ago, BPM said:

Taking it well 

Ali needs to see it out…. 😎😉

Love the irony of decisions against them comment given the ref must have given them a significant more decisions over the piece.

Time to dry your tears Ali & ask your gaffer why he subbed you. 

46 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I tried to watch the interview but I was cringing so much at the ton tv guy addressing Imrie as 'gaffer' I couldn't concentrate on the rest of it.

I just watched the Falkirk TV Mcglynn interview and have realised the Falkirk TV guy does it too. It's endemic.

56 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

He's always been a wee fanny. Why is the interviewer calling him "Gaffer"?! 

Just seen John McGlynn's post match interview and our own guy calls him "Gaffer" in that as well 🙈

Get that in the bin!

Edited by FK1Bairn

Entertaining game today. Morton scoring 2 from 2 free kicks had me sh*tting myself everytime you got a dead ball near our box. For what it’s worth, I didn’t think it was a penalty for us. Regarding your penalty claim, Coll slid in and your player just slipped. Wasn’t a pen. Some bizarre decisions from the ref for both sides.  

7 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Just seen John McGlynn's post match interview and our own guy calls him "Gaffer" in that as well 🙈

Get that in the bin!

It's natural though. You spend every working day around the players and every single one of them refers to the manager as "gaffer". So you pick up on and it do the same thing them. 

After fifteen years of knowing different managers, I tend to do the same. Most I address as gaffer but sometimes I'll use their Christian names. Both are acceptable and neither are demanded. 

The only one I refused to call gaffer was the one I couldn't stand. 

Fcuk me, this thread has turned into the ‘gaffer’ tapes!

Not surprised at Imrie’s interview, as his team play in the image of himself as a player.🙄

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's natural though. You spend every working day around the players and every single one of them refers to the manager as "gaffer". So you pick up on and it do the same thing them. 

After fifteen years of knowing different managers, I tend to do the same. Most I address as gaffer but sometimes I'll use their Christian names. Both are acceptable and neither are demanded. 

The only one I refused to call gaffer was the one I couldn't stand. 

I assume the appropriate title for that one was tramp.

Honestly not got a clue what incident Morton are talking about for their "stonewall" penalty.

I thought that Ethan Ross got clipped when he went down.

JET is a fat mess.

Harsh on Calvin , but I'd consider starting Ross and Morrison against Airdrie assuming everyone is fit

Morton fans thinking the referee was biased towards Falkirk is equally hilarious and embarrassing

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Imrie whining about a freekick taken quickly deep within our half ffs. There was still 70 yards to go to the Morton goal. Can't comment on our pen it was up the other end of the park but as I said garritys was never a pen and imrie is bleating about it too. Worst decisions of the day we're his subs. Morton never troubled us at all after that .

Just watched wee Douggie’s post match rant…….his flabber was fair gasted right enough……”blatant dive” quote might well come back to bite him as Dylan might well ram that one down his throat when we meet them next. Also think he was myopic if all he saw was bad decisions in our favour but guess his heads gone moment will see him having a wee chat with those in power up in Glasgae 

17 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Honestly not got a clue what incident Morton are talking about for their "stonewall" penalty.

I thought that Ethan Ross got clipped when he went down.

JET is a fat mess.

Harsh on Calvin , but I'd consider starting Ross and Morrison against Airdrie assuming everyone is fit

Morton fans thinking the referee was biased towards Falkirk is equally hilarious and embarrassing

I think that's unfair on miller as he's been asked to play on the right side of the park where he clearly isn't as comfortable .