Morton Minnows v Flying Falkirk

20 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Strong head loss from the Morton lads here and it’s only Sunday. 

Can you imagine the utter mess they will be in if we were to win with a last minute PK? 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Can you imagine the utter mess they will be in if we were to win with a last minute PK? 

I'm surprised they arent in a better position claiming all those millions they were going to get for us poaching Ray MacKinnon surely a club with all that money would be at the top end.

So plucky wee minnows Falkirk managed to escape from the seaside leagues?  Been hilarious watching you struggle, especially that season where you practically had the league won and ended up fifth.  I don't share the hatred for Falkirk myself, they're just another team that we sometimes play, and have to have some respect for their supporters because they don't support either of the ugly sisters.  Looking forward to an entertaining game on Saturday and hope we can find a goal or two despite us not really having a proper striker worthy of the name.  Our defence has been fairly solid, midfield is pretty good too, Moffat, Lyall, Wilson looking good., Too solid keepers and Broadfoot out injured, Jet showing some promise if he loses 6 stone.  What's not to like?  Oh, and Partick Thistle languishing in the playoff spot.

Probably be a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

Edited by Alibi

At the risk of breaking protocol and discussing the football match I'd revert back to the team that started against Queens Park/ Dunfermline:

Hogarth

Adams Donaldson Henderson Mackie

Tait Spencer

Morrison Oliver Miller

MacIver

I know moving Miller over to the right with Ross coming in for Morrison worked against Hearts and Partick, but for me this is still our most dangerous set up. Sounds like Saturday will be too early for Nesbitt which is a shame but Oliver has done fine so far 

8 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

At the risk of breaking protocol and discussing the football match I'd revert back to the team that started against Queens Park/ Dunfermline:

Hogarth

Tait Spencer

Morrison Oliver Miller

MacIver

I know moving Miller over to the right with Ross coming in for Morrison worked against Hearts and Partick, but for me this is still our most dangerous set up. Sounds like Saturday will be too early for Nesbitt which is a shame but Oliver has done fine so far 

Cant drop Ross IMO, been great in his starts. Morrison hasnt been himself so far this season. Hopefully he comes off the bench produces a moment of magic then picks up where he left off.

16 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hogarth

Tait Spencer

Morrison Oliver Miller

MacIver

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Cant drop Ross IMO, been great in his starts. Morrison hasnt been himself so far this season. Hopefully he comes off the bench produces a moment of magic then picks up where he left off.

I also think that Morrison should come back in. He hasn't really found his form yet, possibly partly due to injury, and Ross has been great, however, I feel that Miller is poorer on the right and Morrison carries a bigger goal threat than Ross does.

Although we definitely deserved the win on Saturday, I felt there were a few who didn't perform as they can, namely Tait, Miller and MacIver. Morrison was also probably the poorest of the subs, however, I felt that the others all did well, with Alfie in particular giving them all sorts of problems. Big Hendo definitely deserved his MOtM award.

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I also think that Morrison should come back in. He hasn't really found his form yet, possibly partly due to injury, and Ross has been great, however, I feel that Miller is poorer on the right and Morrison carries a bigger goal threat than Ross does.

Although we definitely deserved the win on Saturday, I felt there were a few who didn't perform as they can, namely Tait, Miller and MacIver. Morrison was also probably the poorest of the subs, however, I felt that the others all did well, with Alfie in particular giving them all sorts of problems. Big Hendo definitely deserved his MOtM award.

I did think Tait had an out of character poor game on Saturday. Seems to be happening quite often that he attempts an audacious ball which doesn't come off resulting in a chance for the opposition. Happened for Dunfermline's 1 on 1 too IIRC

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I did think Tait had an out of character poor game on Saturday. Seems to be happening quite often that he attempts an audacious ball which doesn't come off resulting in a chance for the opposition. Happened for Dunfermline's 1 on 1 too IIRC

Aye, he tried a risky cross field ball to Adams which was always likely to get caught in the wind. He needs to cut out the daft lunging tackles as well because that's going to come back to bite him at some point. That said, he's such a baller that I think I can let him off!

Think Morton should be commended on their pricing (including a 16-21 consession) means diff of two going as not here.

Would like to think FFC would reciprocate on the Ton visit to the Bairnabeu?

CAACE1F6-A4E4-4589-B38C-DFC342E9DCD5.jpeg

Edited by kiddy

32 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Think Morton should be commended on their pricing (including a 16-21 consession) means diff of two going as not here.

🖼️

It's a £3 p/person difference to an adult ticket at TFS. Morton fans can swerve a coke/pepsi at our place!

Considering the facilities on offer:

a toilet block that somehow smells worse than the rest of Greenock

a single burger van with the longest queue in Scottish football

a stand with no roof, seats or terracing

those prices are shocking. Even makes Hamilton look decent value by comparison 

22 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's a £3 p/person difference to an adult ticket at TFS. Morton fans can swerve a coke/pepsi at our place!

Means I’m averaging 19 for two going in.

You’d think the clubs could come to some sort of agreement where prices are equalised/or visitors ST offered. The 26-21 price is a boon, especially when you’ve got a captive audience with the young team /‘Ultras’ generation burgeoning*.

*Please keep old songs in the repertoire.

19 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hogarth

Tait Spencer

Morrison Oliver Miller

MacIver

Agreed- Morrison has got to start when fit for me

14 hours ago, kiddy said:

CAACE1F6-A4E4-4589-B38C-DFC342E9DCD5.jpeg

Someone needs to explain why they need a separate ticket for under 12s when it's exactly the same price as the 12 to 16s. Surely u16s £5 is all you need.🤣🤣

On 25/08/2024 at 14:12, RC55 FFC said:

We are still living rent free in Morton minds I see 😂. Most one sided “rivalry” in Scottish football. 

On the game, will be interesting to see if Morton are as poor as highlights and social media gripes suggest. Free hit for us as surely little old league 1 Falkirk will be swept aside in Greenock…

😳   Sorry to burst your wee blue bubble, but honestly I’d never given you shower a moment’s thought from the end of your relegation season till I read that you’d finally made the step up again.

i did get a little bit of that good ol’ schadenfreude feeling when I heard of the continuing downward spiral of Ray McKinnon after he left us, but you lot?? Never once crossed my mind. 😁

18 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳   Sorry to burst your wee blue bubble, but honestly I’d never given you shower a moment’s thought from the end of your relegation season till I read that you’d finally made the step up again.

but you lot?Never once crossed my mind. 😁

The simple search function on the site suggests otherwise. 

20 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

i did get a little bit of that good ol’ schadenfreude feeling when I heard of the continuing downward spiral of Ray McKinnon after he left us, but you lot?? Never once crossed my mind. 😁

Trying way to hard here