The impossible challenge

On 31/08/2024 at 20:08, tamthebam said:

Fairy nuff. 

Jim Gallagher of Clydebank? Bald and always looked about 54 when he played but seemed ok. 

Played in the first ever game at McDiarmid park. Small aside trivia (not a great one tbf) that a member of his family has since played at McDiarmid in each of the 5 decades it has been in existence. 

On 31/08/2024 at 20:39, Gibby82 said:

Thought you'd be a fan of Mixu

Wish I'd said Jim McIntyre. 

Shameless self promotion, if you do happen to be a fan of Mixu then we've got the video for you. We recently sat down with him to chat about his illustrious playing and managing career in Scotland, have a watch. 

https://youtu.be/rEtzZoymQ1g?si=dlrA_RTrOasYpy_j

For the obvious taint of being OF captain, Paul McStay has to get a shout with that handicap. Nobody really spoke about him at all and after football disappeared. The forgotten man of Scottish football very much by his design. Wikipedia tells me he's 60 in October and got 76 caps too. 515 appearances which makes Forrest's 300 in 14 years yesterday seem meh. 

Issue with anyone who played for Sevco is they inevitably get sucked into the bigotfest even if they weren't one before or had no idea what it was because they're foreign.

Paul McGinn seems to be a guy in a similar vein as McStay, quiet unassuming, just seems sound.

Stephen O'Donnell is a fine club ambassador and engaging, feel his on field performances cloud judgements.

Tommy Burns just seemed like he was thoroughly good to be around.

Of course the reverse thread would include Tom Boyd, our club captain when we won our only silverwear in 73 years and pretty much got a strong 95% revulsion factor. Not helped by going to Celtic and buying into the "everyone's against us, never defeated, always cheated" vhictimhood pish.

Thing is a few players you may have thought were upright guys when playing are actually massive bellends due to their work after it. Lineker is a prime example (if you remove the England thing).

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Lewis Stevenson, cant think that anyone has ever had a bad word to say about him.

Must have missed those posts when someone was saying him giving the "YLT" sign was an endorsement of murdering people with hammers.

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Whit?

I can't remember which thread it was on. But apparently Lewis Stevenson was photographed making the YLT sign, then some months/years later a father and son murdered a couple of folk with hammers and burnt YLT into their foreheads with a blowtorch. Some unhinged poster claimed that Stevenson was supporting folk who commit grizzly murders.

4 hours ago, Sammons Pizzeria said:

Shameless self promotion, if you do happen to be a fan of Mixu then we've got the video for you. We recently sat down with him to chat about his illustrious playing and managing career in Scotland, have a watch. 

https://youtu.be/rEtzZoymQ1g?si=dlrA_RTrOasYpy_j

I hope he went into great detail about how he felt on the night of the 2nd of May 2016.

On 31/08/2024 at 20:30, Gibby82 said:

City rivalries should be banned from this. 

As an olive branch I'll nominate Jim Duffy.

Bald, and the worst case of ten-to-two feet I've ever seen in a professional footballer.

Sound guy though.

10 hours ago, ArabWurzel said:

Davie Dodds (no lookist remarks please)

Always makes sure everyone knows he’s actually a h*n despite being from Dundee and playing for United for years. 

Edited by adamntg