🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

Try and play a high tempo attacking shape without a really good striker. Back line leaks goals. Lose to fairly average teams at this level. 

Basically Swiss/Hungarians on repeat mode. 

The usual, if only we had played x, y, z players in x, y, z formation we would have won, pending on here. Been like this for quite some time. 

Thankfully, we have Portugal away next. 

Just now, houston_bud said:

I never normally get too up nor down at international football, but that has really pissed me off.

You'd have been raging at under 15s, if they'd thrown away a game like that. 

We were never leading the game to throw it away.  We blew a home point against a bang average Poland team who probably couldn't believe that yes, Scotland are as bad as the stats suggest.

17 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Why does Doak just lose track of the ball so often? It's like he just forgets to take it with him? 

Don't want to be too harsh like seeing as he's 18 with minimal game time, but I'm not getting the hype thus far in his career. I've seen searing pace, but not much beyond 

I've downvoted this, because of all the stuff we've seen tonight, Doak's potential, or otherwise, is the least of our concerns.  There are several other players well worse than that (Hanley should be binned competely and never see even a whiff of a Scotland cap again after that, while McLean may as well do likewise as far as I am concerned).

At least Doak looks like he has something about him.  From a couple of the performances, I'd much rather see him get a chance.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

There’s not much point going mental cause Hanley puts in a daft late tackle. Positives are we came back from 0-2 at HT and daft mistake aside would have got a point. 

We know we are pish but we will be competing with Poland to avoid relegation so getting beat was a big deal

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Total disbelief that we've not won that, never mind that we lost. We've conceded 3 goals to a team that never threatened. 

Just hope the outcome doesn't mean that level of performance will once again be off the table.

It was the same against Hungry and Northern Ireland. Team just wait for us to make a c**t of it then punish us. Once is bad enough but 3 times is a joke. 

1 minute ago, KirkieRR said:

Right, I'm going to stand up for Ralston. Horrible error in the first half but afterwards never hid, always wanted the ball.

A lot of players would hide or do something rash in those circumstances and tbf his effort can't be faulted. 

1 minute ago, KirkieRR said:

Right, I'm going to stand up for Ralston. Horrible error in the first half but afterwards never hid, always wanted the ball.

Stand up for what? Fkd up, cost us a goal in a game we lost. But hey, always wanted the ball? 

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Well that was a kick in the baws. Why did he take Gilmour off? As soon as he did we lost our shape and it was all kick and rush. McTominay was fine in the 10. 

I’ve criticised Clarke a lot for the in game tactics or lack there of, but tonight he did the right thing by pushing Gilmour forward. Then undoes that by taking him off and putting McGinn back in central midfield when he was giving f**k all. 

Get Grant Hanley and Kenny McLean tae f**k

That was bizarre. In the 5 minutes Gauld and Gilmour were on the pitch together, Gauld made 3 or 4 nice wee runs into space and Gilmour knew where he was every single time. Practically the only portion of the game where we looked like a capable footballing side. Obviously working too well for Clarke because he immediately pulled Gilmour and moved Gauld into the middle 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hopefully that’s the end of certain players in this team. 

100% 

McLean Hanley can’t play again. 
Plus ralston is a means to an end until patterson and hickey back.

Gunn isn’t the answer either, could’ve done better with first and should’ve saved the third. 

Neil McCann and the jobs for the boys merry-go-round will spin this as the usual hard luck defeat. Bollocks. Get Clarke to f*ck now and get Moyes in before it is too late. 

Edited by DAFC.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

There’s not much point going mental cause Hanley puts in a daft late tackle. Positives are we came back from 0-2 at HT and daft mistake aside would have got a point. 

And there is a great example of how we’ve come to accept second best with such a negative attitude.

We were at home ffs, we shouldnt be looking to come back from 2 goals down