Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Same team as Thursday :lol: 

They'll be nicely warmed up by now.

4-3 Scotland, all of them own goals.

I’ve always been one to give Clarke the benefit of the doubt with these things, but picking the same team is taking the piss. He’s in Strachan, heels dug in territory now. It only goes one way from there.

30 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Portugal -2 is around 2/1.

Looking like you will collect your winnings this evening. 

5 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

He’s aff his head Putting McLean anywhere near this match. All his Killie goodwill from me is rapidly disappearing.

Clarke must be looking to get sacked at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

I’ve always been one to give Clarke the benefit of the doubt with these things, but picking the same team is taking the piss. He’s in Strachan, heels dug in territory now. It only goes one way from there.

That’s what I thought when I saw the line up. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

It has Craig Levein vibes all over it.  

Levein, Strachan, Sir Steve...have we had any other managers who are/might be remembered for pig-headed refusal to make changes?

I guess Berti's more remembered for giving everyone in the country a shot. I took it a bit personally that I never got a call-up.

I don't think picking a team you think is the best team is really a reason to be critical - having a manager who constantly flopped about to external pressure would be worse than one who has belief in his players. Lots of the best and lots of the worst managers could be described as being stubborn, I'd say it's about the one uniting thing about nearly all of them.

It's fair enough to be critical and make a judgement about whether the actual line-up is the right one. Personally would have been building towards the future with Porteous instead of Hanley, and would have had Gauld in for Christie on the basis of Thursday night. I don't really see an obvious replacement for McLean in a game like this - our lack of disciplined deep midfielders continues to be an issue.

Edited by craigkillie

If, as you'd expect at the best of times, we get a comfortable defeat here, he really isn't doing himself any favours with that lineup and the pressure is only going to intensify. Christie beside Gilmour with Gauld or Doak starting was such an obvious change to make.

If he gets a reaction from the team tonight then fair play but this really feels like the end times of Clarke's reign. Shame it's worked out like this.

The argument will be that we were actually pretty good on Thursday, apart from 3 complete brain farts. We looked more of a threat than we have in ages, and there is some logic in giving those same players the chance to make up for those errors. So I can see why he has picked this team.

I still think it’s f**king mental,  but there is some logic