Raith Rovers v falkirk

1 hour ago, TheLangToon said:

The folk that moan about a slight increase in ticket prices are the same folk that move pubs cos it's 5p cheaper for their pint. Well done you saved 50p on yer night out. 

I don't think prices are too bad and have pretty much increased in line with inflation. (comparing with a championship ticket price 10 years ago - £16-£18)

I mean, the football is quite an expensive day out in itself. As others have said, clubs increasing the prices depending on who they are playing is a piss take and also, adding an extra couple pound compared to the rest of the league is also a bigger piss take. Raiths stadium isn’t exactly old Trafford.

19 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, tiered pricing is pretty cheeky and £24 is too steep in my opinion. 

That said, the more expensive games at Stark's Park last season were probably the biggest attendances of the entire campaign, so obviously wasn't that off-putting.

Aye, I don't like tiered pricing in football at all and agree that £24 quid is too much.

Seeing consistently excellent attendances using this method ain't going to change anyone's mind on it, however.  

We've coped pretty well with injuries and changes in the team so far this season but with MacIver out now as well as Morrison and nesbitt that's 3 of our first choice attacking 4 out injured so we could struggle here.

Hopefully Coll is over his groin injury or some point soon we could be playing with an entirely different back 4 from last season as well. 

30 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

We've coped pretty well with injuries and changes in the team so far this season but with MacIver out now as well as Morrison and nesbitt that's 3 of our first choice attacking 4 out injured so we could struggle here.

Hopefully Coll is over his groin injury or some point soon we could be playing with an entirely different back 4 from last season as well. 

Is MacIver injured? 

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, tiered pricing is pretty cheeky and £24 is too steep in my opinion. 

That said, the more expensive games at Stark's Park last season were probably the biggest attendances of the entire campaign, so obviously wasn't that off-putting.

People will tend to justify it to themselves when the team are doing well and getting the results we got against United and the Pars last year, but if you are having the start to the season we are having, you may think twice about it.

17 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

People will tend to justify it to themselves when the team are doing well and getting the results we got against United and the Pars last year, but if you are having the start to the season we are having, you may think twice about it.

Oh aye I completely agree. When Dundee were £24 a couple of seasons ago I patched the second game as I wasn't paying that for a thoroughly unappealing midweek game. Likewise I probably won't go to any away games at Hamilton for £25. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Why are you offering qualifications about having a kid of a certain age that wants to attend football? Surely anyone complaining about ticket prices are entitled to do so on the basis under which they will attend, and 24 quid for an adult is shite. 

Trying to make the point that the walk-up adult price isn’t the be-all and end-all. 
Lots of people take kids or go as families, in which case the pricing at Raith, even for a ‘category A’ game is cheaper than some other teams. 

There are so many other factors that affect how much an away game costs to attend I find it a bit baffling to quibble over £2 but each to their own. 

Edited to add;

Im not saying I’m for or against tiered pricing, if you read my previous post you’ll see that I can understand why teams do it and it has pros and cons. 
Im just trying to make the point that just because a certain pricing strategy is worse for your particular circumstances, doesn’t mean it’s worse for everyone’s circumstances. 

Edited by stevoraith

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Id imagine the uplift will make more people buy either U21 or O65 tickets. 🤷‍♂️

That’s the correct choice…then buy two kebab pies.

Edited by Scary Bear

Really not getting all this knicker wetting about Cat A pricing for this game.

1. £24 today is the equivalent to £19 back in 2018/19 - the last time FFC were in the Championship. Pretty sure tickets weren't much cheaper than that back then so increase is mostly in line with inflation

2. It is reasonable to expect that FFC will bring a larger support than a Morton, Livi or Hamilton, etc therefore additional costs for Raith come with that. 

3. If £2 is the tipping point, then you probably can't afford to be spending £22 on a ticket either. 

Edited by DITSOR

Just now, DITSOR said:

Really not getting all this knicker wetting about Cat A pricing for this game.

1. £24 today is the equivalent to £19 back in 2018/19 - the last time FFC were in the Championship. Pretty sure tickets weren't much more expensive than that back then so increase is mostly in line with inflation

2. It is reasonable to expect that FFC will bring a larger support than a Morton, Livi or Hamilton, etc therefore additional costs for Raith come with that. 

3. If £2 is the tipping point, then you probably can't afford to be spending £22 on a ticket either. 

Who are you to tell people what they can afford or where they should draw the line?

So you're telling me I've no right to tell people where to draw the line for pricing? So what gives FFC fans that right because apparently it's too much?

Value is subjective. You either think it's good or bad and can either afford it or not, it's a personal choice.

£2 is neither here nor there and if it is, then common sense says you can't afford it at the lower price 

I'd also argue that Starks Park probably provides one of the better away day experiences for a supporter in the league so maybe should expect to pay more? 

Go, don't do ... I don't give a fk, just stop whining about it

30 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Trying to make the point that the walk-up adult price isn’t the be-all and end-all. 
Lots of people take kids or go as families, in which case the pricing at Raith, even for a ‘category A’ game is cheaper than some other teams. 

There are so many other factors that affect how much an away game costs to attend I find it a bit baffling to quibble over £2 but each to their own. 

Edited to add;

Im not saying I’m for or against tiered pricing, if you read my previous post you’ll see that I can understand why teams do it and it has pros and cons. 
Im just trying to make the point that just because a certain pricing strategy is worse for your particular circumstances, doesn’t mean it’s worse for everyone’s circumstances. 

Its more of a point of principle that games shouldn't be that expensive rather than quibbling over £2

3 minutes ago, DITSOR said:

So you're telling me I've no right to tell people where to draw the line for pricing? So what gives FFC fans that right because apparently it's too much?

Value is subjective. You either think it's good or bad and can either afford it or not, it's a personal choice.

£2 is neither here nor there and if it is, then common sense says you can't afford it at the lower price 

I'd also argue that Starks Park probably provides one of the better away day experiences for a supporter in the league so maybe should expect to pay more? 

Go, don't do ... I don't give a fk, just stop whining about it

That's exactly what i'm telling you, since affordability is down to the individual, which bizarrely you have gone on to say, then follow it up with "£2 is neitehr here nor there". An incredibly arrogant take tbh. 

Feel free to lighten the tone though and give us a laugh by explaining what is offered by Starks Park as one of the better experiences making it worthy of being more expensive

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

That's exactly what i'm telling you, since affordability is down to the individual, which bizarrely you have gone on to say, then follow it up with "£2 is neitehr here nor there". An incredibly arrogant take tbh. 

Feel free to lighten the tone though and give us a laugh by explaining what is offered by Starks Park as one of the better experiences making it worthy of being more expensive

So you're ignoring the counter question about what gives FFC fans the right to decide? Affordability and value are 2 completely different things... You're confusing the 2. If it was £5, it would be amazing value but if you've not got £5 then you can't afford it. Not sure what's so difficult for you to understand here?

£2 buys you very little these days... That's not arrogance, it's just the truth. It's not an amount that would price average punters out of the game. Put your soap box away.

Starks might not be the best but you get a covered seat, unrestricted view up to a decent height, close to the pitch with a good viewing angle... Similar to what you are used to in your own stadium. Now compare that with what you get at Morton, Thistle, Ayr, Livi, Queens Park and even some premier grounds... Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Rangers and Celtic immediately come to mind as being dreadful. It's all relative 😋

6 minutes ago, DITSOR said:

Starks might not be the best but you get a covered seat, unrestricted view up to a decent height, close to the pitch with a good viewing angle... Similar to what you are used to in your own stadium. Now compare that with what you get at Morton, Thistle, Ayr, Livi, Queens Park and even some premier grounds... Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Rangers and Celtic immediately come to mind as being dreadful. It's all relative 😋

So, we're actually paying an extra couple of quid because Starks Park is such a lovely stadium? 

And here's me been thinking that Falkirk fans were getting gouged because of tiered pricing.

My apologies.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, we're actually paying an extra couple of quid because Starks Park is such a lovely stadium? 

And here's me been thinking that Falkirk fans were getting gouged because of tiered pricing.

My apologies.

Victim of your own crowd-wanking i guess 🤷🏼