Hibs Vs Sexy, Swashbuckling Steelmen - 05/10/24

Moses works after coming on fresh against a depleted defense. Robinson is great at getting,holding and moving the ball but I don't think even he can imagine him being a reliable goal scorer.

Anyway. Most of our recent games have been very competitive so I can see this being another 2-1 game.

Hopefully in Motherwell favour.

With Balmer's inclusion every shy we win from the halfway line is the same as getting a floaty corner, however he seemed to do one that had a flatter trajectory and it looked particularly tasty for inducing fear in the eyes of the central defenders. Hibs will have sit deep to cover which will stretch them if we play it short and look to cross by traditional hoof.

Hibs early season form seems behind them and more more of a dangerous prospect than they were. Tanwanhise spirit animal is a mongoose which is lucky because he facing the snake.

Hope we've got some extra synergy and understanding between our forward line.

19 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

With Balmer's inclusion every shy we win from the halfway line is the same as getting a floaty corner, however he seemed to do one that had a flatter trajectory and it looked particularly tasty for inducing fear in the eyes of the central defenders. Hibs will have sit deep to cover which will stretch them if we play it short and look to cross by traditional hoof.

Greenie for the use of “shy”, underused these days.

I think it’ll be fairly evenly matched tomorrow, possibly with the odd goal sneaking it. 

22 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I decided this morning to go to the Hibs game this morning but clicked on the link on the MFC website and it seems our end is sold out. Seems odd as I haven't heard anything saying that and I thought there would be enough space to give us another section.

I just clicked the link in the news story on the Motherwell site and it took me straight to the Hibs page for buying away tickets with the option to buy.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Event/Index/4027

Edited by capt_oats

We’ve been competitive as f**k under Kettlewell and even on that mad winless run last year if we lost it was by one goal usually. 

The exceptions to that being the 3-0 at County and the 3-0 at Easter Road post split last season. I hope our players are up for making that right. 

With Sir David Gray talking about our long throws I fully expect one of two things to happen. Either we score two from them or the opposite to happen and Hibs score from a long throw of their own. 

I think whoever scores first will most likely win but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a score draw. 2-2

14 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Too early to tell but I suspect over the season the value of his throws will be less from a direct attacking sense but getting us out our third when under pressure.

15 hours ago, Ceiling Granny said:

Greenie for the use of “shy”, underused these days.

I think it’ll be fairly evenly matched tomorrow, possibly with the odd goal sneaking it. 

No idea what your username means. But I like it. 

Thank you. 

49 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Too early to tell but I suspect over the season the value of his throws will be less from a direct attacking sense but getting us out our third when under pressure.

When he fires the ball 50 yards up the pitch he is playing everyone onside if it gets returned 

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

When he fires the ball 50 yards up the pitch he is playing everyone onside if it gets returned 

Yeah, there's no way we'll leave him 30 yards back on his own but we'll still move ourselves well out the immediate danger zone.