Aberdeen v Hearts - Sunday 6th Oct - 3pm

48 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Some result for Aberdeen, what a run they are on. Genuinely brilliant stuff, looking forward to playing them next.

I have noticed considering the amount of heads gone after the Celtic winner today there is a distinct lack of criticism of the referee for not booking Palaversa for the same celebration as Kuhn.

We don’t really want players booked for moments like that do we? 

Palaversa also ran with a cupped ear towards the away fans initially then ran behind the goals to the other side of it and stayed a fair bit longer. 

Regardless it’s bollocks and players should only ever be carded if they really have overstepped the mark.

Edited by gannonball

Hearts definitely had a better quality of chance than us and the xG does bear that out, but I think there are a couple of caveats in the bigger picture.

First, as has already been mentioned, is game state. Being 1-0 up with virtually the first attack put the onus on Hearts to take control of the game. The second is that their highest quality chances - Kent’s goal, Shankland’s miss at 1-0, Vargas’ miss at 1-1 - were largely the product of our own, unforced errors.

I do think Hearts were the better team, but it wasn’t a case of us being regularly cut open for the chances we were conceding. Saying that, Nilsen and Shinnie were a much less effective shield today than they have been so far this season, and Dhanda and Spittal had too much influence on the game, especially after Penrice came on.

There were two really important moments in the game. Obviously one is Grant's red card, but the timing of Devlin's goal is so important too. It didn't allow Hearts to really settle into their lead and just gave such a timely lift to both our players and fans. Devlin isn't the best or most fancy footballer, and I have been critical at times, but his desire and drive to make things happen going forward is such an asset for any full-back to have. 

We didn’t create a really high-quality chance all game, with the possible exception of Palaversa’s goal, but ended up scoring three times. I suppose variance will kick in soon, but we just have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by DrewDon

Also, today reminded me that observing away fan buses depart after a defeat would definitely be on my Mesut Haaland Dicks.

I am too boring/sensible (delete as preferred) to get involved in stuff like that, bar the odd smug smile, but the sheer variety of different reactions always amuses me. You have some on the buses who refuse to engage at all, some (usually young, often quite fat) people who will be up at the windows giving it all they have, and others so seething that they look like they want to get off the bus and partake in a bit of pavement dancing. 

A small joy of football, for sure. 

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Palaversa also ran with a cupped ear towards the away fans initially then ran behind the goals to the other side of it and stayed a fair bit longer. 

Regardless it’s bollocks and players should only ever be carded if they really have overstepped the mark.

Palaversa hadn’t been booked, so you’re surprised there is less criticism for a referee not showing an unbooked player a yellow card compared to a referee blatantly shitting out of sending off an OF* player?

Not surprised to see Celtic supporters trying to play the victim and make everything about them though.

I thought we were the better team today, we certainly didn't deserve to lose.

But we did, and that's where we are. Incredibly disappointing to lose it in the manner we did but we can blame Grant for being an utter f**king moron.

Confident we'll still be up at the top end of the table when the season ends. Unless we appoint John McGlynn.

Aberdeen, sort your toilet sinks out they are bogging.

Just now, AngusTheBull said:

Palaversa hadn’t been booked, so you’re surprised there is less criticism for a referee not showing an unbooked player a yellow card compared to a referee blatantly shitting out of sending off an OF* player?

Not surprised to see Celtic supporters trying to play the victim and make everything about them though.

Nah There was literally no reason to send him off, as detailed by a referee in thread.There may have been cause to send off Palaversa but regardless it would have been bullshit imo.

9 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

So you think Palaversa should have been booked then?

Seems very harsh to me but you are entitled to your view 

Edited by Jinky67

22 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Hearts definitely had a better quality of chance than us and the xG does bear that out, but I think there are a couple of caveats in the bigger picture.

First, as has already been mentioned, is game state. Being 1-0 up with virtually the first attack put the onus on Hearts to take control of the game. The second is that their highest quality chances - Kent’s goal, Shankland’s miss at 1-0, Vargas’ miss at 1-1 - were largely the product of our own, unforced errors.

I do think Hearts were the better team, but it wasn’t a case of us being regularly cut open for the chances we were conceding. Saying that, Nilsen and Shinnie were a much less effective shield today than they have been so far this season, and Dhanda and Spittal had too much influence on the game, especially after Penrice came on.

There were two really important moments in the game. Obviously one is Grant's red card, but the timing of Devlin's goal is so important too. It didn't allow Hearts to really settle into their lead and just gave such a timely lift to both our players and fans. Devlin isn't the best or most fancy footballer, and I have been critical at times, but his desire and drive to make things happen going forward is such an asset for any full-back to have. 

We didn’t create a really high-quality chance all game, with the possible exception of Palaversa’s goal, but ended up scoring three times. I suppose variance will kick in soon, but we just have to enjoy it while it lasts.

The Office Thank You GIF

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Nah There was literally no reason to send him off, as detailed by a referee in thread.There may have been cause to send off Palaversa but regardless it would have been bullshit imo.

What a feckng weirdo

Is this really how weegies think 

It's no 1984 folks.   Me observing that Aberdeen are carrying luck in their wins and should continue to ride it while it's running for them is not hate speak.

As I said - you contribute to your own luck.   But if Aberdeen continue to play as they have the last few games then there will come a time when deflected shots loop over the bar, where Molloy will get a red card for pulling down Simon Murray and where somebody will take the big chances.  You might even get a run of them

Aberdeen are having a great season and fair play.   We've been mostly dreadful but we won't concede every shot on target every week.   Well, hopefully .

Just now, gannonball said:

Feel free to look back on what I actually posted which didn’t really say that. Also feel free to log out.

If you want to play the game of taking isolated in indents, twisting them and extrapolating them to win petty arguments then I’m game. But you started it. 

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

It's no 1984 folks.   Me observing that Aberdeen are carrying luck in their wins and should continue to ride it while it's running for them is not hate speak.

As I said - you contribute to your own luck.   But if Aberdeen continue to play as they have the last few games then there will come a time when deflected shots loop over the bar, where Molloy will get a red card for pulling down Simon Murray and where somebody will take the big chances.  You might even get a run of them

Aberdeen are having a great season and fair play.   We've been mostly dreadful but we won't concede every shot on target every week.   Well, hopefully .

Hearts could have had three red cards today. Shankland could have been sent off three times alone.