Aberdeen v Hearts - Sunday 6th Oct - 3pm

5 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't know anyone who's suggested Forrester has been good.  Alright maybe.   Oyegoke having to go off was bad news, he'd been excellent.

I said before the game I didn't think Aberdeen were as good as their results nor us as bad, which I'll stick by.   Aberdeen are carrying some luck which will run out and I hope ours turns but Aberdeen are contributing to theirs as are we. 

Vargas's confidence being shot is costing us a lot of goals unfortunately 

If Vargas is low on confidence then he’s even more of an idiot than i thought for trying that. 

13 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't know anyone who's suggested Forrester has been good.  Alright maybe.   Oyegoke having to go off was bad news, he'd been excellent.

I said before the game I didn't think Aberdeen were as good as their results nor us as bad, which I'll stick by.   Aberdeen are carrying some luck which will run out and I hope ours turns but Aberdeen are contributing to theirs as are we. 

Vargas's confidence being shot is costing us a lot of goals unfortunately 

At what point does it stop becoming 'luck'?

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

At what point does it stop becoming 'luck'?

When you're not winning games cause of scrappy goals and criminal finishing by the opposition?

Seriously, when you're winning games without playing particularly well it's great, especially as part of an overall good run, but the amount of chances you give up without being punished, plus your outstanding chance conversion rate will both even out unless you play better. 

Thought Hearts played well but there wasn't as much between the teams as people will say. Can't remember them creating much other than the chances that we put on a plate for them. We struggled to progress the ball and Nisbet and Clarkson were anonymous. We looked much better when Duk and Sokler came one. The red card was coming as there was a few Hearts players walking the tightrope and once it came it looked like there would only be one outcome. You've got to take your chances to win games and you can see why Aberdeen and Hearts are where they are in the table from today.

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

When you're not winning games cause of scrappy goals and criminal finishing by the opposition?

Seriously, when you're winning games without playing particularly well it's great, especially as part of an overall good run, but the amount of chances you give up without being punished, plus your outstanding chance conversion rate will both even out unless you play better. 

The above is the jealous narrative of opposition fans who havent seen Aberdeen play much this season

In most games weve passed up more chances than the opposition. Also the 7 goals conceded in 13 .. must be more luck

I can tell you now Hearts being bottom is nothing to do with luck either. You are a very poor team (as ever) reliant on fouls and time wasting 😀

1 minute ago, Donte Polvara said:

Thought Hearts played well but there wasn't as much between the teams as people will say. Can't remember them creating much other than the chances that we put on a plate for them. We struggled to progress the ball and Nisbet and Clarkson were anonymous. We looked much better when Duk and Sokler came one. The red card was coming as there was a few Hearts players walking the tightrope and once it came it looked like there would only be one outcome. You've got to take your chances to win games and you can see why Aberdeen and Hearts are where they are in the table from today.

They won on corners!

#Yimmy must go.

20241006_180327.thumb.jpg.6ece927af6fe91fc6d7d8d6e1e4216e8.jpg

Thought we were poor today especially in midfield Nilsson and shinnie were poor but how poor is shankland his teammates put in the effort and he just jogged about 

Edited by Arnie

3 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Thought we were poor today especially in midfield Nilsson and were poor but how poor is shankland his teammates put in the effort and he just jogged about 

Have to disagree.

He jogged about, fouled a lot and missed good chances.

43 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

It’ll be the pressure that folds you. The weight of it was there to see in the first half 1-0 up & the place like a morgue. 

You feeling ok? Calm down. It was inevitable we would win

By the way are Hearts fans working on adding a third song to your repertoire at any point? 

15 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

The above is the jealous narrative of opposition fans who havent seen Aberdeen play much this season

In most games weve passed up more chances than the opposition. Also the 7 goals conceded in 13 .. must be more luck

I can tell you now Hearts being bottom is nothing to do with luck either. You are a very poor team (as ever) reliant on fouls and time wasting 😀

I've seen quite a lot of Aberdeen tbh.  

These are all facts.   You've got the best chance conversion rate in the league by a distance,  taking nearly 20% of your chances 

You've conceded more xG against than you've created In 3 of your 7 wins

Your xG is being outperformed in number of goals by almost 100% which is amazing but unsustainable.

You've played well, but not that well and these things will even out over the long run unless you play better

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I've seen quite a lot of Aberdeen tbh.  

These are all facts.   You've got the best chance conversion rate in the league by a distance,  taking nearly 20% of your chances 

You've conceded more xG against than you've created In 3 of your 7 wins

Your xG is being outperformed in number of goals by almost 100% which is amazing but unsustainable.

You've played well, but not that well and these things will even out over the long run unless you play better

xG 🤣who really gives a f**k about this pish?

We have apparently cracked how to win games when being well beaten.

When the stats show otherwise then there's more to it than stats.

Joint top?  We haven't played anybody decent yet. (Except all those teams who outplayed us maybe?)

Aye but 21 out of 21?  Lucky.

Then the coup de grace. It'll all come crashing down against Celtic.  Aye, because losing to them is unusual.

So far I'l take the lucky/other teams are shite agenda until the opposition clocks what's going on.