Thistle vs Falkirk - Saturday 12th October

Result  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/24 at 14:00

13 hours ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Dream on. We played Ayr and Livi off the park and got SFA.

We were good for the opening 20 minutes or so against Ayr but by full time they could have scored about five or six against us. 

2 hours ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

But you claim you "have been comfortably better than anyone else"  you have come up against so far. You weren't comfortably better than us at all.
A lot was made of your missing players. We were missing more and better  players.

I’m not one to usually engage in back and forth with rival fans but I’ll make an exception on this occasion. 

We had already stated that we had a really poor game against Raith. We were likely feeling the effects of our exertions against Celtic and we got our lineup wrong with McKenna starting up top. I praised Raith for doing what they had to do to get the result but let’s not for one second act like you were brilliant. If that was the best you have to offer then I’d be very worried for the rest of your season.  I do, however, understand that one showing doesn’t determine how you are as a team and I fully expect you to start climbing the league. The fact that we have done what we have done and sit top of the league, yet you are judging us off the one poor game we’ve had says everything about you

Who determines who is better? Were you missing a winger who scored 23 goals last season? MacIver is much more to our team than his numbers suggest. Absolute nonsense from you to make out your missing players are “better”.

Edited by Rocco

18 minutes ago, Maine said:

Myles Roberts against Falkirk is what Dabrowski feels like against Thistle. Over the two games this season he’s pulled off some cracking saves.

He's been very impressive

16 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Disappointed not to win but confident that we are still comfortably better than anyone we have come up against so far.

By Christmas it will be us and Livi pulling clear with Ayr on the coat tails.

I think QP will be in the mix 

3 hours ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

But you claim you "have been comfortably better than anyone else"  you have come up against so far. You weren't comfortably better than us at all.
A lot was made of your missing players. We were missing more and better  players.

We had our poorest game of the season against your lot but you were still shit and were fortunate to win a game through our error  that should've been a draw and that was at your place   We then went on to pump Ayr whilst you got pumped by a poor Morton side.  I'd expect us to beat you comfortably on our own patch going by your results and performance against us .The fact  Raith fans actually thought you were decent against us tells you how bad they've been this season. All these better players you've been missing. Think they all played in your opening league game against Airdrie possibly the worst side in the league when they beat you one nil ffs.

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

No idea what the music reference is about, but agreed on the lack of acknowledgement about why we were holding a minute’s applause.

People who follow the club on social media would have known it was for Peter Cormack’s passing, but plenty of people standing near me didn’t - and I’d assume the majority of the away fans didn’t either.

It was a different stadium announcer today, so not sure if it was just a case of inexperience or what, but it wasn’t ideal.

The “music” reference was the noise blaring out of the tannoy system in that “stand”. For avoidance of doubt housing a large support in that throwback to the 1950s is in my humble opinion of risk assessment an accident waiting to happen, not withstanding the lack of leg room if you are over 5ft allied to toilet facilities which Noah would have been proud of. Surely putting home support in the one of the 2 modern stands & away support in in the other one doesn’t just make sense but is also one way to avoid yje flashpoint of two supports exiting onto same road…..just saying like.

13 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

The “music” reference was the noise blaring out of the tannoy system in that “stand”. For avoidance of doubt housing a large support in that throwback to the 1950s is in my humble opinion of risk assessment an accident waiting to happen, not withstanding the lack of leg room if you are over 5ft allied to toilet facilities which Noah would have been proud of. Surely putting home support in the one of the 2 modern stands & away support in in the other one doesn’t just make sense but is also one way to avoid yje flashpoint of two supports exiting onto same road…..just saying like.

That's how Firhill used to be set up, and it makes for an appalling atmosphere. Firhill was a morgue until we created a section behind the goal for fans who wanted to stand, sing, etc.

Yeah, the Main Stand is decrepit, but unfortunately there's not really much we can do about that right now until the finances improve. And I'd much rather the club put its own fans and their matchday experienc ahead of the away fans who visit and have to deal with less than ideal facilities a couple of times a season.

Dreadful again, aside from about 10 minutes after we scored the equaliser. Roberts was great, although his distribution is crap, Bannigan excellent when he came on and Ashcroft had a good game. Aside from that, really poor and creatively non-existent. We seem to have lost/sacrificed whatever attacking threat we’ve had under Doolan in the last 18 months to be defensively a bit more solid but it hasn’t balanced out at all. 
The more I see of Diack, the less I’m convinced he’s anywhere near good enough for this level, at least for now. Turner needs dropped for a bit, or at least not played out wide - when the alternative is Chalmers, it’s not great but at least it’s not square pegs in round holes. 
McBeth was probably lucky to stay on the park for that early booking, and I suspect that VAR gives a penalty for a Milne handball in the second half too. 

Falkirk at full strength probably win that pretty comfortably. Spencer and Tait were excellent in the midfield and completely dominated it.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

That's how Firhill used to be set up, and it makes for an appalling atmosphere. Firhill was a morgue until we created a section behind the goal for fans who wanted to stand, sing, etc.

Yeah, the Main Stand is decrepit, but unfortunately there's not really much we can do about that right now until the finances improve. And I'd much rather the club put its own fans and their matchday experienc ahead of the away fans who visit and have to deal with less than ideal facilities a couple of times a season.

Fair response & like ourselves hopefully one day both of us will have a 4 stands stadium.

49 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye Raith played Ayr off the park quite clearly.

Screenshot_20241013_124658_Samsung Internet.jpg

When we played most of the match with ten men?

The game after that they hardly got a kick in the whole of the first half. The atch turned on a dodgy penalty

Edited by bring_back_the_twa_hoops

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd forgotten about Diack's cameo, like a cow on rollerskates. 

Apart from one good block Stanway was hopeless as well. Still don't see it at all with him I'm afraid. 

JagZone cameras zoomed in on Diack warming up on the stream before the game. He looked like he hurt himself taking the shots. Then they filmed him clearly limping all the way to the tunnel from the other side of the pitch. 

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

We had already stated that we had a really poor game against Raith....

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

We had our poorest game of the season against your lot but you were still shit and were fortunate to win a game through our error  that should've been a draw

Or maybe we made you look poor. We had to play the team with the depleted midfield we had available.

For fans that think no one can touch you Falkirk have won one of their last four league games, scoring only three goals.

But of course you missed Ronaldo McIver.

2 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Or maybe we made you look poor. We had to play the team with the depleted midfield we had available.

For fans that think no one can touch you Falkirk have won one of their last four league games, scoring only three goals.

But of course you missed Ronaldo McIver.

And yet we are still top of the league, what’s your point?