Thistle vs Falkirk - Saturday 12th October

Result  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/24 at 14:00

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Thanks mate. Didn't think anyone would have to state the obvious to him but appreciate you doing it 🤷‍♂️

The Claudio fella clearly sees himself as some sort of online comedian 

6 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

Somebody's got to take up where the Vikingtwat left off 

Has he finally quit?  I was expecting to see him on the thread when we played them earlier in the season, but of course we won so…

11 hours ago, Nightmare said:

We probably don’t usually shift 1000-1500 tickets in advance of the day of the game most of the time.

I’d guess the majority of ticket sales for run of the mill games at Firhill occur within 24 hours of a game itself. I would certainly never buy tickets for a match earlier than that unless some kind of capacity issue was expected.

I understand that, but I would expect Falkirk to bring a big support along and since there are probably only 1800 available for the away end they would be buying earlier rather than later, I would think. 

12 hours ago, Nightmare said:

We probably don’t usually shift 1000-1500 tickets in advance of the day of the game most of the time.

I’d guess the majority of ticket sales for run of the mill games at Firhill occur within 24 hours of a game itself. I would certainly never buy tickets for a match earlier than that unless some kind of capacity issue was expected.

Especially when you get stuck in that shitty old stand at firhill with zero leg room and stantions blocking your view. Crap place to watch football unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

Somebody's got to take up where the Vikingtwat left off 

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Has he finally quit?  I was expecting to see him on the thread when we played them earlier in the season, but of course we won so…

96cqww.jpg

22 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Looking forward to this match & always enjoy a trip to Maryhill mixing with the real Glasgow team.

We are two of the sleeping giants of Scottish Football whose loyal fans have had to suffer far too long. Hope both of us manage to be promoted this season but looking to complete double on Saturday. 

Agree with everything except the last bit, we have to get 3 points to kick start our season albeit 1/4 of the season in nearly

8 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I think she is exercising self imposed purdah over some issue .

12 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Is it too early in the season to describe it as a must win game for Thistle?

A genuine question for what it's worth.

Maybe not in terms of league permutations 

but it’s Fair to say that if we lose this game then time running out for the manager to show that he’s got this,

Must win game for Doolan, probably more than Thistle 

Looking forward to the game, while hoping that McGlynn has learned from his obvious errors in team selection against Livi. Assuming Morrison hasn't suffered any reaction to Tuesday and is on the bench again, Alfie should start on the right with Miller/Ross on the left and Yeats in for an out-of-sorts Tait. McGlynn said in his FTV preview that he's worried some of the players might be 'sluggish', which is partly his fault for not freshening things up in midweek, so I would expect he will realise the need to make these changes today, although I wouldn't bet on it

47 minutes ago, choirbairn said:

Looking forward to the game, while hoping that McGlynn has learned from his obvious errors in team selection against Livi. Assuming Morrison hasn't suffered any reaction to Tuesday and is on the bench again, Alfie should start on the right with Miller/Ross on the left and Yeats in for an out-of-sorts Tait. McGlynn said in his FTV preview that he's worried some of the players might be 'sluggish', which is partly his fault for not freshening things up in midweek, so I would expect he will realise the need to make these changes today, although I wouldn't bet on it

An out-of- sorts Tait? He’s been a standout this season. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Last time I was through I parked on Garscube Road, but that wasn't yesterday! That still a sensible option Jaggies? 

Don’t think so, I think they put a cycle lane in, so no parking on Garscube road.