Bairns v Pars

56 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Oofft, not sure I’m in agreement with that. Part of the reason I go to the football is that it’s entertainment. Christ, if it was winning football but eye bleedingly negative then I’m not sure I’d want to watch it year after year after year.

I’ve been to pretty much every Scotland home game over the past 16 years, I’ll go regardless of the football. I praise Steve Clarke for the job that he has done, but would I want to watch that style week in week out, no chance.

I don’t think anyone would want to watch that, but isn’t football about winning or not getting beat at the very least? Football at our level has its ebbs and flows, and sometimes it’s not pretty for a while then it can slowly evolve into some really entertaining and enjoyable football. Again at our level it’s not guaranteed to last so fans have to suck up the bad and wait patiently for the good. 
Teams like us, Raith and Falkirk have yo-yo’d all my lifetime, and unless we can compete regularly at the top half of the premier with our limited budget I don’t think it’ll change much. Big spending sponsors will look to put their cash elsewhere. 
IMO, the guys that spat the dummy and are now pulling out of EEP had  a great model for us to become a self sustaining club, and possibly even able to compete top half of the premier if they invested in the team first and foremost, then looked to build their training ground/academy off the back of that success. They could have had their dreams and ambitions fulfilled but they did it arse for tit imo 

7 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Much as the obvious result is a win for us, games against the Pars rarely make any actual sense. The season we went down, with what is comfortably the worst squad we've ever had (eye wateringly bad), we managed to get two wins at East End Park. Honestly feels like these games operate in a bubble that doesn't respect form or league position and I'll personally be happy to get through this one with a 1 goal win and move on.

The squad Holt and Sheerin put together was much worse 

2 hours ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Oofft, not sure I’m in agreement with that. Part of the reason I go to the football is that it’s entertainment. Christ, if it was winning football but eye bleedingly negative then I’m not sure I’d want to watch it year after year after year.

I’ve been to pretty much every Scotland home game over the past 16 years, I’ll go regardless of the football. I praise Steve Clarke for the job that he has done, but would I want to watch that style week in week out, no chance.

Each to their own mate, but Steve Clark took Kilmarnock to third, while being the best side in Scotland over a calendar year, I'd absolutely love that. 

Like all things, balance. But I maintain that winning is the biggest ingredient to enjoying the football is winning, if we were to win every game from now until the end of the season 1-0, including the playoffs I'd be delighted. On the opposite (and still extreme end of the scale) if McPake had us playing prime Joga Bonito but losing 6-5 every week I wouldn't be happy. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

IMO, the guys that spat the dummy and are now pulling out of EEP had  a great model for us to become a self sustaining club, and possibly even able to compete top half of the premier if they invested in the team first and foremost, then looked to build their training ground/academy off the back of that success. They could have had their dreams and ambitions fulfilled but they did it arse for tit imo 

Aye, agreed. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I don’t think anyone would want to watch that, but isn’t football about winning or not getting beat at the very least? Football at our level has its ebbs and flows, and sometimes it’s not pretty for a while then it can slowly evolve into some really entertaining and enjoyable football. Again at our level it’s not guaranteed to last so fans have to suck up the bad and wait patiently for the good. 
Teams like us, Raith and Falkirk have yo-yo’d all my lifetime, and unless we can compete regularly at the top half of the premier with our limited budget I don’t think it’ll change much. Big spending sponsors will look to put their cash elsewhere. 

They've f**ked it and it's all on them and to a lesser degree the local board members. 

Who'd have thought successful self made men would be so fragile that they walk away from their planned vision when they started to receive some heat from fans. 

Fact is their plan was flawed, the 3 consecutive seasons with significant losses weren't acceptable or indeed sustainable.

Utter madness imo and it now has us in a period of suspension and imobility that is slowly ruining the morale at the club. 

The club needs sold as soon as is possible (yes they're working on it). 

James McPake needs moved on as soon as possible (yes, I know they don't want to sack him as it'll cost us more money). 

There seriously needs to be a big wash up and lessons learned exercise when we have new owners in place. 

We'll need a coherent plan and a realistic strategy put in place by the new owners. 

We need new people with drive, ambition and initiative on the board.

They also need to have a socially inclusive mindset regarding dealing with all elements of the fanbase not just those hanging out the arse of anyone of any importance at the club. 

We need to rid the club of any hangers on.

They need to end the politics and self-entitlement where it exists. 

I'm pissed off at where we are but it's our own fault. I called it as did others.

There's a lot of work to be done and it needs leadership, but it's not there just now. 

52 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

A midfield battle of Ruben Sammut, Mark Waddington and Tom Owen-Evans vs Gary Miller, Steven Hetherington and Seb Ross would get football banned.

"Battle" doing a lot of heavy lifting there 🙄. They'd all shirk putting a foot in.

18 minutes ago, North West said:

They've f**ked it and it's all on them and to a lesser degree the local board members. 

Who'd have thought successful self made men would be so fragile that they walk away from their planned vision when they started to receive some heat from fans. 

Fact is their plan was flawed, the 3 consecutive seasons with significant losses weren't acceptable or indeed sustainable.

Utter madness imo and it now has us in a period of suspension and imobility that is slowly ruining the morale at the club. 

James McPake needs moved on as soon as possible (yes, I know they don't want to sack him as it'll cost us more money). 

There seriously needs to be a big wash up and lessons learned exercise when we have new owners in place. 

We'll need a coherent plan and a realistic strategy put in place by the new owners. 

They also need to have a socially inclusive mindset regarding dealing with all elements of the fanbase not just those hanging out the arse of anyone of any importance at the club. 

I'm pissed off at where we are but it's our own fault. I called it as did others.

There's a lot of work to be done and it needs leadership, but it's not there just now. 

No being funny bud what you've just posted is why we spent the past 5 seasons in the seaside leagues, so-called professional businessmen dismissing fans' concerns and wanting to hand over the key to charlatans or thinking they have the club's interests at heart more than the fans. It happened to us and it also happened at ICT.  

26 minutes ago, North West said:

That's a statement, not a question - (Thomas Meggle probably)

If you could guarantee that a thumping loss would see McPake emptied by 6pm on Saturday evening, then more than a few Pars fans would quietly accept it.

A positive result, while welcome and hugely surprising, would only allow the club to delay the inevitable a little while longer.

It’s quite upsetting genuinely because if we’d started the season well then this would have been an absolute belter of a game to look forward to.

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

A midfield battle of Ruben Sammut, Mark Waddington and Tom Owen-Evans vs Gary Miller, Steven Hetherington and Seb Ross would get football banned.

Astonishing that Ruben Sammut was being paid real money by Chelsea to play football.

35 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If you could guarantee that a thumping loss would see McPake emptied by 6pm on Saturday evening, then more than a few Pars fans would quietly accept it.

A positive result, while welcome and hugely surprising, would only allow the club to delay the inevitable a little while longer.

It’s quite upsetting genuinely because if we’d started the season well then this would have been an absolute belter of a game to look forward to.

10-0 or 0-1 the board won't shift, they don't want too(and potentially can't) take any action until the sale has gone through. We're not even treading water, we're just bobbing along not sure if it will take us to safe land or further out to sea.

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

10-0 or 0-1 the board won't shift, they don't want too(and potentially can't) take any action until the sale has gone through. We're not even treading water, we're just bobbing along not sure if it will take us to safe land or further out to sea.

It is the same position as Marvin Bartley at QOS last season. Pumped when new owners came in. It will be the same for McPake. Looking forward to his weegee whine after the game if we pump you

9 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

No being funny bud what you've just posted is why we spent the past 5 seasons in the seaside leagues, so-called professional businessmen dismissing fans' concerns and wanting to hand over the key to charlatans or thinking they have the club's interests at heart more than the fans. It happened to us and it also happened at ICT.  

It happened to us in 2013 when we entered admin. That is why all this is so frustrating.

Edited by North West

33 minutes ago, North West said:

It happened to us in 2013 when we entered admin. That is why all this is so frustrating.

Yes, a very sad time for the people of Dunfermline that,

all those poor tradesmen and small business owners getting stiffed, awful.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

To be honest, that's probably for the best. Imagine the jobber they might appoint if they sack him, not giving 2 f**ks who they replace him with then you've got to replace another manager when you eventually get sold.