Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

What exactly does one do in this situation? I presume Parcelforce will give it "not our problem, guv'nor" and claim that they've fulfilled their end of the contract. I know you're supposed to sue your neighbour if they take in a parcel for you and keep it, but that's a bit hard to do if all you've got is a vague signature.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I recently had a bit of brown cardboard shoved through the door with RETURNED TO DEPOT written on. Not even a mention of the courier firm they worked for, never mind a parcel number or anything else. Not a single f**k given. Impressive.

If you have an idea who the parcel is from then I'd be contacting them and get them to raise an undelivered item investigation. I would guess that they'll just "investigate", say they have no idea and offer the sender some compensation.

If you don't know who is from then contact Parcel force yourself. There is bound to be a complaint phone number/email?

Dave, you need to call round all the couriers in a 50 mile radius and ask if any of them use cardboard for their missed delivery cards!

My brother in law saw the delivery guy ignore the gate and walk straight through his wee hedge to deliver a parcel. He went to the door and asked him what the f**k he thought he was doing. The guy just stared blankly at him, turned round, walked through the hedge again, threw the parcel in the back of the van and drove off.

Clearly, not a f**k given

What this highlights is the fact that the ordinary consumer of such services has absolutely no power or influence. We can kick up as much of a fuss as we want, complain to the companies, slate them on social media and it has absolutely no effect. Very frustrating isn't it.

I sent a couple of letter recorded delivery (or signed for as it's now called) about five weeks ago. According to the Royal Mail online tracking they are both still 'being progressed through our system'. You have to wait eight weeks before you can register a complaint/make a claim. Eight weeks for a letter that is meant to reach its recipient the next day.

I sent a couple of letter recorded delivery (or signed for as it's now called) about five weeks ago. According to the Royal Mail online tracking they are both still 'being progressed through our system'. You have to wait eight weeks before you can register a complaint/make a claim. Eight weeks for a letter that is meant to reach its recipient the next day.

Had a similar experience a few years ago in Dumfries. When I asked what was the point of sending recorded when they still managed to lose it I was told that to be really sure I should send it registered.

When I challenged that what was being said implied that recorded meant f*ck all was told that that was the case.

Registered is of course much more expensive!

Students, absolute pain in the arse the lot of them.

Weird, stupid accents, crap taste in music, cant handle their bevvy, dress like tramps, unable to purchase things quickly in shops, glakit expressions, are not despite claiming to be "mental", awful hair, appear to have no leg muscles, try to get things cheaper as they are students and hold up the rest of us, upper inflections, wear wooly hats on roasting days, think Che Guevara was the second coming and many many more