Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Lenny Henry has released a 'blues' album. :angry:

Just because he's of African origan does not make him a blues singer ico.

Or as the Bonzos put it  " Can Blue Men Sing The Whites "

People who position their trolley right in the middle of the travelator so you can't walk past.

Cyclists with no lights and no reflective/light clothing using a busy road in the dark. Your death wish pal.

Less than 24hrs and I'm already sick to death of people who've never previously shown any interest in football suddenly becoming experts.

People who say "haitch" instead of "aitch" when spelling out the letter "H". They might be right but just sounds wrong.

Also, what is the corrrect way to say the letter "J"?  I say "Ji"  (rhymes with pie) but a lot of people pronounce it "Jay".

I feel not knowing the correct pronounciation may be hindering my progress up the social ladder.

Aitch and Jay are, of course, the correct answers. 

"Haitch" - BEAST

"Ji" - though incorrect, is also inoffensive

"Aitch" and "jay" - noble, law-abiding citizen. 

People who say "haitch" instead of "aitch" when spelling out the letter "H". They might be right but just sounds wrong.

Also, what is the corrrect way to say the letter "J"?  I say "Ji"  (rhymes with pie) but a lot of people pronounce it "Jay".

I feel not knowing the correct pronounciation may be hindering my progress up the social ladder.

Its "Ji", I think "Jay" is the Americanism. Like "Zee" instead of "Zed" for "Z".

Aitch and Jay are, of course, the correct answers. 

"Haitch" - BEAST

"Ji" - though incorrect, is also inoffensive

"Aitch" and "jay" - noble, law-abiding citizen. 

Well at least we've found who rides shotgun in Mozza's Beast van.

You've been living in convict land too long, m4.

Quick Google search confirms that the English pronunciation is indeed "Jay" but the SCOTTISH way is "Ji".

Personally I pronounce it 'Juliet' :ph34r:

Definitely "Aitch" but I don't really get irritated with the pronunciation of 'J' in the same way I do as 'H' so don't care how folk say it. It's "J-eye" when I say it though.

On the pronunciation front, I detest it when folk don't pronounce 'th'. As in, "three", "thanks", "theory". Folk who say those kind of words using an 'F' sound at the beginning sound like complete simpletons to me. The two worst culprits that I hear regularly are Alex Salmond and Mark Labbett(sp?) from The Chase. The come across as complete morons. Mark was a Maths teacher (or Maffs as he'd say) as well. I don't think I could have tolerated a teacher who spoke like that when it came to saying numbers like 33 :wacko:

Edited by 19QOS19