Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ok, but surely office staff asking someone else to empty their bins while they sit on their arses is bit wrong surely??

I've never, ever heard of that happening. The cleaner who is employed to do that probably empties it.

I do a bit of both office work and manual labour in my job and both are a bit grim at times. Time stands still when you're in the office and working in the pishing rain labouring isn't the best.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but we don't have a cleaner at the moment. Our office staff are just lazy in general. They've also got a habit of chucking empty boxes outside the office door rather than walk 100 yards to the skip.

Just now, throbber said:

I would ideally like a mix of both in my job - there's something quite un natural about spending 40+ hours a week sat in an office working on a computer all the time and i would imagine it hard to escape and get away from people. Being on your feet all day is good at times but can get exhausting and will ware anyone out in time.

Be A Ware of being on your feet all day.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I would ideally like a mix of both in my job - there's something quite un natural about spending 40+ hours a week sat in an office working on a computer all the time and i would imagine it hard to escape and get away from people. Being on your feet all day is good at times but can get exhausting and will ware anyone out in time.

Oh the irony.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but we don't have a cleaner at the moment. Our office staff are just lazy in general. They've also got a habit of chucking empty boxes outside the office door rather than walk 100 yards to the skip.

They're not really asking people to empty their bins though. They're just lazy c***s not walking to the skip and dumping shit.

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I have been 'randomly' selected for jury service at the High Court exactly 2 years and 1 week after the last time I was called up. Fucking seething. 

Shut up and get on with it.

Let us know if it's anything good.

8 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I have been 'randomly' selected for jury service at the High Court exactly 2 years and 1 week after the last time I was called up. Fucking seething. 

I thought you only got called up once, or is that an urban myth?

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Shut up and get on with it.

Let us know if it's anything good.

You have my word. Last time it was a rape, but I didn't get selected. First time I've ever been delighted to lose a raffle.

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I thought you only got called up once, or is that an urban myth?

You're off the hook for 2 years, hence why I'm a seething mess. I can't help but think the fact I live a ten minute walk from the place is going to mean I randomly get called up on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

You're off the hook for 2 years, hence why I'm a seething mess. I can't help but think the fact I live a ten minute walk from the place is going to mean I randomly get called up on a regular basis.

Blimey. Wonder where I picked that pish up from.

Your anger is quite justified, in that case. Keep notes in case your hunch is right, and you can write a bestseller about the "shocking secrets of Scotland's most frequent juror!"

Which would inevitably turn out to be a memoir about teenagers stealing fags and Buckfast from the offie  <_<

32 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

You have my word. Last time it was a rape, but I didn't get selected. First time I've ever been delighted to lose a raffle.

Pray you get picked, then it's 5 years before you get picked again, and you get a paid week off work with free lunch every day.