Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Would a building alarm not automatically trigger a call to the police to come investigate? I doubt it would be going on so often without it being fixed by occupants of the building. Unless car alarms and building alarms sound the exact same then I'm sure it's a car or a van.

I had a summer job for an alarm company once where we were supposed to inform the police every time a building alarm went off. If there was a thunderstorm they'd all go off so we didn't bother. Little tip for any burglars out there. Another time I was informed there were engineers checking the alarms in an electricity board shop in the city, so to ignore them if they went off, which I duly did. Unfortunately it was the wrong shop, I got a phone call from the manager saying he'd just been raided by an armed gang. Told him the police were already on their way, and phoned them. Got away with it with some bollocks about a feedback loop. Once I had Bob Monkhouse's panic alarm going off when he was playing about with it. Gave him a right telling off.

35 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Female athletes who give themselves double-barrelled names.  It's gone viral.

Well, it's the marriage thing, obviously - they keep their maiden name and add the husband's name on at the end.

But it does make you wonder - if they're married, why are they still competing? They should be at home, getting their man's tea ready.

10 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Well, it's the marriage thing, obviously - they keep their maiden name and add the husband's name on at the end.

But it does make you wonder - if they're married, why are they still competing? They should be at home, getting their man's tea ready.

In double-quick time, too!

Banana likes this.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

What about Pars "goalies" who prefix their own surname with that of their good lady wife on their shirt? Step forward David Sinclair Hutton.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Male athlete's adding their wifes name to theirs is far worse, tbf...

IMG_1470595423.671310.jpg

Beaten to it by that pesky Shandon Par.

Edited by The Moonster