Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

We went via leith and gamekeepers road, it saves heading up to the bypass, usually there and back by just after 9, but there had been a rockfall near queensferry road, so the barnton junction and the surrounding areas were busier than normal. Thank f**k I don't have to do that journey every day.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

We went via leith and gamekeepers road, it saves heading up to the bypass, usually there and back by just after 9, but there had been a rockfall near queensferry road, so the barnton junction and the surrounding areas were busier than normal. Thank f**k I don't have to do that journey every day.

I passed the rockfall the other day. It honestly looked like 2 half bricks lying on the pavement that were surrounded by cones. Total bedlam trying to get along the road. 

1 minute ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not all that petty, I suppose....really good looking young women who get botox treatment on their lips and end up looking like mutants.  Who's telling them that this is a good look?

What passes for trendy society is telling them that's the look they have to go for.

28 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not all that petty, I suppose....really good looking young women who get botox treatment on their lips and end up looking like mutants.  Who's telling them that this is a good look?

Duckface is a thing, so maybe they've just decided they want that look all the time?

The next phase of human evolution might include big rubbery bills.

There's a guy in the office at my new job that's just used the phrase "uber urgent" on the phone to someone, and I think it might just have sucked any of the enthusiasm I had for the new role out of me.

edit:  The more I listen to him, he's one of these dicks that everything he says is a question, with the wee rise in the inflection of his voice at the end.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

14 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

There's a guy in the office at my new job that's just used the phrase "uber urgent" on the phone to someone, and I think it might just have sucked any of the enthusiasm I had for the new role out of me.

edit:  The more I listen to him, he's one of these dicks that everything he says is a question, with the wee rise in the inflection of his voice at the end.

I think you should microwave a cup of coffee to boiling point and accidentally spill it down his back. Uber derserved retribution. 

14 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm cringing just reading that. I don't know how that guy's still alive. A hanging offence, IMO.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I think you should microwave a cup of coffee to boiling point and accidentally spill it down his back. Uber derserved retribution. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I'm cringing just reading that. I don't know how that guy's still alive. A hanging offence, IMO.

The day is young.

Had the most disgusting smoothie/breakfast shake this morning from tescos called "Nosh". Couldn't even get half way through a pretty small bottle without nearly being sick and putting it in the bin. Absolutely dreadful.

Which brings up another PTTGOYN: The "no time for breakfast" p**** from the Weetabix advert.

Get up 5 mins earlier ffs. Pouring some milk over a couple of Weetabix pieces isn't exactly Masterchef.