Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Yeah, I had this a couple of months ago and sounds like you've probably knackered your ligaments. Doctor had one look at mine and gave the look that clearly said "aye, that's f***ed". Everything from the lower shin down turned blue-purple and puffed up after a couple of days, foot just looking like a pork joint and totally out of action. Just keep it elevated and on ice when you can.

Oh, and enjoy the not-so-fun physio exercises which I'm still having to do just to get back to jogging pace. :(

Eta: Could just be a real nasty sprain I suppose, you'll know soon enough if the ice and tube grip stop the internal fluids from doing their thing.

Did you hurt your ankle? You should have said something earlier.

13 hours ago, Aidan said:

People who constantly speak when you're trying to watch something on the telly.

I tend to agree.  Generally when I watch the telly it because I really want to watch it - otherwise I switch it off.

For others, the telly is always on - so they think nothing about talking at the same time - otherwise when would they talk.

Even worse at the cinema.  I really hate people talking there. 

Had the most disgusting smoothie/breakfast shake this morning from tescos called "Nosh". Couldn't even get half way through a pretty small bottle without nearly being sick and putting it in the bin. Absolutely dreadful.

It's the ones that Sssshhhhhhh you during their programme they are watching ( Coronation St / Eastenders / Reality crap),

But the minute something you want  to watch comes on they can't shut the f**k up,

and they don't get the hypocrisy of their attitude.

The other halves favourite annoyance is when her mobile rings she pauses the live TV and chats on the phone in the living room,

You then have to listen to half a conversation for the next 5 minutes. Then they restart their programme which means if you are planning on watching something else on another channel when their programme was due to finish you will miss the start as the timings are all out of sync.

Is this grounds for a kick in the Pie ?

Edited by MEADOWXI

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Had the most disgusting smoothie/breakfast shake this morning from tescos called "Nosh". Couldn't even get half way through a pretty small bottle without nearly being sick and putting it in the bin. Absolutely dreadful.

I thought you made your own smoothies?

I thought you made your own smoothies?

I do but it's hard to always have all the fresh ingredients in so when I don't have that i have one of those innocent ones which I can usually swallow in one go. There were none in tesco this morning so I settled for a nosh and it was fucking horrible, couldn't get any in my mouth without gagging. Still feel sick thinking about it.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I do but it's hard to always have all the fresh ingredients in so when I don't have that i have one of those innocent ones which I can usually swallow in one go. There were none in tesco this morning so I settled for a nosh and it was fucking horrible, couldn't get any in my mouth without gagging. Still feel sick thinking about it.

Did you check the use by date on it? Tesco are dreadful for that.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Fnarrr

The phrase "cannae be annoyed with.."

I heard a friend say it when were were about 20 y/o or so. I took issue with it and he assured me it was a perfectly normal and correct phrase. I told him it was some scumbag thing he must've picked up somewhere (though he and his family are from St Andrews) and we had a proper scrap over it. Forgot all about it until I heard Tam Cowan using the phrase over and over on Saturday. 

I'm annoyed with/at you. - Fine

I can't be bothered with this. - Fine

I can't be annoyed with this. - Deserving of a black eye at least. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I heard a friend say it when were were about 20 y/o or so. I took issue with it and he assured me it was a perfectly normal and correct phrase. I told him it was some scumbag thing he must've picked up somewhere (though he and his family are from St Andrews) and we had a proper scrap over it. Forgot all about it until I heard Tam Cowan using the phrase over and over on Saturday. 

I have to admit that it's one that I've been known to use.

I have not, however, worn purple suede loafers.

KnightswoodBear 1 - 0 Shandon Par 

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

It's the ones that Sssshhhhhhh you during their programme they are watching ( Coronation St / Eastenders / Reality crap),

But the minute something you want  to watch comes on they can't shut the f**k up,

and they don't get the hypocrisy of their attitude.

The other halves favourite annoyance is when her mobile rings she pauses the live TV and chats on the phone in the living room,

You then have to listen to half a conversation for the next 5 minutes. Then they restart their programme which means if you are planning on watching something else on another channel when their programme was due to finish you will miss the start as the timings are all out of sync.

Is this grounds for a kick in the Pie ?

It's probably grounds for a grisly murder.

30 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

"Oh, I see you're having you lunch, but could I just ask.........."

GTF

Serves people right if they're having their lunch in the office. Only fools do such things.

Anyway; when people are waiting to cross the road at lights but haven't pressed the button and are standing right beside it, blocking others from pushing the button.

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I have to admit that it's one that I've been known to use.

I have not, however, worn purple suede loafers.

KnightswoodBear 1 - 0 Shandon Par 

They're powder blue, I cannae be annoyed with purple. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway; when people are waiting to cross the road at lights but haven't pressed the button and are standing right beside it, blocking others from pushing the button.

You'd think people would show more courtesy to a man with a pram. 

58 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I can't believe people use this. Even after your description I still don't get what they're meaning when they say it? Are they saying that they can't be bothered? Or saying that they ARE annoyed with something?

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I can't believe people use this. Even after your description I still don't get what they're meaning when they say it? Are they saying that they can't be bothered? Or saying that they ARE annoyed with something?

It's where a normal human would use the term "can't be bothered".