Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's ok Throbber. Heavy lies the crown. As king of GN I suspect you face day to day pressures unfathomable to myself.

I had an 8 year olds birthday party to attend earlier and I had money on Arsenal so not the best Sunday.

Gumtree morons.

Advertised my old amplifier, for a frankly bargain price of £60 with strictly no offers in hope of a quick sale.

The guy let me know he was coming from about an hour away and would be here around 8. Turned up at quarter to 9. He then offered me a fiver less than I had asked for, I refused. He left without the amplifier to embark on his 40 mile drive back to Greenock.

Absolutely bizarre.

It's more deserving than Dressage or clay pigeon shooting, which are shite diddy sports.

I'm not criticising the sport, I just don't think it should be an Olympic event. Along with golf and football or any other sport that has a better prize within their own sporting associations. For instance, I don't think any tennis player would prefer a gold medal to a Grand Slam title.

I'm not criticising the sport, I just don't think it should be an Olympic event. Along with golf and football or any other sport that has a better prize within their own sporting associations. For instance, I don't think any tennis player would prefer a gold medal to a Grand Slam title.

Olympics is a load of shite anyway nobody cares. Agree though, good to see a lot of the golfers give it the respect it deserves.

Olympics is a load of shite anyway nobody cares. Agree though, good to see a lot of the golfers give it the respect it deserves.

I like a few of the events but I was thinking how I've never actually watched an event from start to finish. Ever. I tend to skim from event to event until I get fed up and turn over.

43 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You obviously don't know much about tennis.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you think a tennis player would prefer a gold medal to a Wimbledon title?

I think you underestimate how much it means to the top Grand Slam winners of this era. You see Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Murray, you see their reactions to losing/winning, it's real.

I think you underestimate how much it means to the top Grand Slam winners of this era. You see Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Murray, you see their reactions to losing/winning, it's real.

I don't doubt it's real. They are professional athletes and want to win every match they compete in. I just doubt if given the choice of a Grand Slam or a gold medal any of them would pick a gold medal. Everyone competing in the Olympics wants to win gold, but if given the choice I imagine they would forfeit the chance of gold for a chance at a major tournament. Compared to say a gymnast whose main goal in their career is surely a to win a gold medal at an Olympic games (and is the biggest prize in their sport).