Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It really isn't. You've spent too much time in Yorkshire.
ETA: I'm trying to say it as you are suggesting and my brain won't let me. It goes against the some of the most basic laws of grammar.

It's impossible to spend too much time in Yorkshire. God's own country.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

If I was asking someone for £3.01 I wouldn't say 'three pound one penny' that sounds odd. I would say '3 pound 1 pence'.

Yet if I were just to say 1p I would say 'one penny'.

I thought you didn't use cash, or was that somebody else?

Why don't cars have a signal which indicates that after I have driven past the empty space I will proceed to reverse in. 

You just end up with a queue of cars right up your arse if you use the indicators, because they think you're turning at thr next corner.

42 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Why don't cars have a signal which indicates that after I have driven past the empty space I will proceed to reverse in. 

You just end up with a queue of cars right up your arse if you use the indicators, because they think you're turning at thr next corner.

That would deprive you of one of life's simple pleasures, getting to point at people and telling them to f**k off out the way if they've not been paying attention to your obvious search for a parking space. Just bang it in reverse and let them worry about shifting. 

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

You could try your warning lights I suppose.

When my touchscreen phone suddenly scrolls slightly  just as I am about to select a function and I end up on the wrong page.

Also, at supermarkets when people are returning trolleys to the trolley park, they push the trolley and let go from about ten yards away and it stops short but they just leave it sticking out into the road.

Also, in public toilets, supermarket toilets, etc when there are about 6 urinals, 4 or 5 washbasins but only 1 electric handdrier. Where's the logic in that.

Bought some decent earphones last year. Not amazing, but spent a few quid on them. They've got those inner ear buds. Anyway, lost one of the buds earlier today. No big deal, got spare buds at home and got a spare set of earphones I keep in my rucksack just in case. They are the ones that came with my phone. They are the worst bloody things in the world, got my music on as loud as it will go and still it sounds quiet in my ears. I'm wanting to blast out some Outkast so I can actually hear it, not sit here struggling to figure out which member of the Jackson family he is apologising to.

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Also, at supermarkets when people are returning trolleys to the trolley park, they push the trolley and let go from about ten yards away and it stops short but they just leave it sticking out into the road.

Or when they just shove them in sideways instead of slotting them into the row when it's just as easy. It's unbelievably lazy.