Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Todays petty thing is Tesco knowingly selling me items out of date. As a result of this policy, I now have to eat a chicken curry and a full loaf before midnight, (both bought yesterday). Fucking crooks.

Wasn't the fact that they cost 5p each a bit of a giveaway?

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If they were out of date when you bought them yesterday why do you think you have to eat them by midnight tonight?

I should've been clearer but I wasn't expecting a cross-examination. I bought them yesterday, the 8th. I realised an hour ago they were dated the 9th, today. Hence the midnight deadline. Shops selling food that goes out of date in 6 hours are effectively selling out of date food. It's a scurrilous practice. All my other items are dated until the middle of next week so can be eaten at my leisure. Not under this intense pressure.

16 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

You bought food from the fresh sections and didnt bother to look at the dates....
I'm gonna presume you know to do this but didn't on said products.
Therefore you failed .

Enjoy yer curry that you must eat before midnight

I did check the dates, I thought it was the 6th yesterday and I forgot my phone to double check. That doesn't detract from the shops responsibility to sell fresh food. Not everyone jumps about knowing the exact date. Please don't try defend supermarkets. I know all the devious tricks they use to sell their old shite.

For the record, just tanned the curry and  would highly recommend it. Chicken Jalfrezi and pilau rice. Even with the added time pressure, still enjoyed it. Just starting on this loaf for my pudding.

13 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I'll eat it. I'm fucking starving and a curry would hit the spot right about now. Send it over.

2 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

For the record, just tanned the curry and  would highly recommend it. 

Well, now I'm really fucking starving. :bairn

1 hour ago, WeWereThePeople said:

I should've been clearer but I wasn't expecting a cross-examination. I bought them yesterday, the 8th. I realised an hour ago they were dated the 9th, today. Hence the midnight deadline. Shops selling food that goes out of date in 6 hours are effectively selling out of date food. It's a scurrilous practice. All my other items are dated until the middle of next week so can be eaten at my leisure. Not under this intense pressure.

Oh shut up and eat it. Pieces on curry sound good to me.