Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
You're 'washing' dishes in dirty, manky water. 

How do you wash your dishes?

Under a running tap. Not in their own filth.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think I hate the wives of some posters here more than the posters.

I thought you doubted the existence of every single wife of Posters on here?

Under a running tap. Not in their own filth.
Ridiculous. Total waste of hot water and presumably fairy liquid.

Basin full of hot soapy water, dirty dishes to one side. Excess food is scraped off, grease/sauce/whatever else rinsed off under the tap. Plate washed in soapy water. Move on.

Basin full of hot soapy water, dirty dishes to one side. Excess food is scraped off, grease/sauce/whatever else rinsed off under the tap. Plate washed in soapy water. Move on.

The correct way to behave. I have a dishwasher but fucked if I know how it works and living alone there’s no real need for it.

Pedantic, I admit:
'Aqua' instead of 'water' on toiletry bottles.
Misuse of 'calories' versus 'kilocalories'.
Cyclists that run red lights and/or mount pavements. (Arguably not petty.....)
My bugbear with cyclists at the moment (and I say that as someone who enjoys cycling both as a sport to watch and as a leisure activity to take part in) is the number of cyclists who cycle along on the road when the council have spend a shit load of money on brand new, smooth cycle paths literally a yard or two to the left of where they are cycling. Usually on narrow roads where there are very few places to overtake.

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And in your case you can kill two birds with one stone!

Just now, Jamaldo said:

A woman in front of me on train earlier was scratching and picking at her sunburnt skin. How could you think that's a good idea?

Better than scratching and picking somebody else's...

The missus has asked me to arrange a dinner for us and some friends, 11 people in total, to celebrate her birthday and our engagement. Seemed like a fairly easy task, there are hundreds of decent restaurants in downtown Toronto. Then today she rolls in the wee grenade, "oh one of them is vegan, can you find a place with vegan options?" So because one person in a group of 11 is vegan, I have write off half the decent options. Apparently telling her to have plain bread and water isn't an option. Fucking vegans
Take them to Zanzibar, does it still exist?

Those ill-advised harem pant things a lot of burds seem to be wearing at the moment, which seem to to be expressly designed for the wearer's hoop to instantaneously absorb about half the material. making even the best arse on the planet look like a labrador eating a Mars bar.

Edited by Hillonearth