Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Big boys is right, big fat guys with zero skill resorting to that isn't football.

Its annoying especially when the ball is like a basketball. I think the ball is getting pumped up too hard, have seen a broken finger and stubbed toes. It rolls like a rugby ball too. Everyone complains but does nothing.

Total shitfest of a game but it's a runaround. The other game I play is much better. Proper football.

Why don't you do something? I broke my wrist at 5's as a kid btw when the ball was fired from close range.

I don't understand the complaints about hitting the ball hard. I find a lot of things frustrating, but these are a hellish combination of my lack of ability coupled with being a rotten loser.

People will play to their strengths, if you really can't cope with that, you probably shouldn't play.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Folk can hit a ball as hard as they like. I personally find it ridiculous that folk hammer it from a distance where they could just as easily pass it into the net.

That's not always the case. Are you being closed down, how fast is it played to you, have you got a decent touch? The idea is to score or move it to someone who can, you can't complain about people playing a different style to you.

That's not always the case. Are you being closed down, how fast is it played to you, have you got a decent touch? The idea is to score or move it to someone who can, you can't complain about people playing a different style to you.
It's the case I'm talking about though - if someone is close enough that they could pass it into a corner and choose to just thump it it's baffling behaviour.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's the case I'm talking about though - if someone is close enough that they could pass it into a corner and choose to just thump it it's baffling behaviour.

Are you sure it's football you're playing? There isn't a single circumstance that dictates a particular response. I'd actually argue the closer in, the more likely a quick, hard shot would be more likely to succeed.

If you have time, further out and you're good enough, then you might be able to pick your spot. But not many of us are.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Who gives a f**k? Plus the poster in question had the issue with big fattys who do this.

^^^fatty tights with size 15 feet imo.

Who gives a f**k? Plus the poster in question had the issue with big fattys who do this.
Funnily enough the folk who usually "give a f**k" are the guys who thump it from 5 yards out yet moan at their GK who thinks 'f**k that' when someone hammers it into them [emoji38]

Folk hammering the ball from 5 yards out in 5's is the sign of a fanny.
early doors you have to explain the no whammers rule!!!! Unless you have an actual keeper.

Only issue with powerleagues is the height of the boards, broke my ribs twice..... maybe the issue lays with my height but cant do f**k all about that.

Surely it depends what 'type' of game you're playing at 5s.

If you're playing in a good game with a decent standard of players, or in a league or something, then all's fair IMO.

If you're just having a kickaround with your nine mates, three of whom are shite at football but enjoy a good laugh, then taking it seriously is properly shite.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

They probably calculated your payment dates by counting on their fingers, but forgot to convert from base-twelve.

Image result for ba dum tss gif

Oh yeah!!!! You went there :lol: