Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
Trying to get the correct angle with two mirrors in order to Mach3 the back of your head because the missus refuses to help you <_<

:lol:

I have my wife, son and daughter fully trained! :D

(Fusion Job with batteries for me!)

After all the speculation in the press over the weekend about us losing a couple of thousand jobs overseas, we've been told that there is an announcement being made to the staff and shareholders on Thursday regarding our company.

Oh dear!

Edited by Gaz

I've been called a goth twice today due to the fact that my nails are painted black from the weekend and not changing it until tonight - and the whiteness of tiredness isn't helping it!

One of those people who interview random people on the street said to me today, "excuse me son, are you aged between 16 and 18?"

I'm twenty-three in August. :lol:

One of those people who interview random people on the street said to me today, "excuse me son, are you aged between 16 and 18?"

:lol:

I'm the opposite - "Excuse me, are you over 18?" "NO!" so they feck off no hassle! Result! :D

I was asked for ID in a pub in Glasgow at the weekend.

I am nearly 24.

Guest xbasslichtie

Thats coz you're all young looking buggers!

Ive been ID'd twice(that I can recall) since I was 14, and Im now 22.

Once when I was buying a dvd (I was 17 it was rated 15), and once last year when everyone was being ID'd. My mates sister did ask me once how I met my mate...she didnt believe that we were in school together as she thought I was in my 30's! :lol:

I was asked for ID in a pub in Glasgow at the weekend.

I am nearly 24.

I was asked for ID in Dumbarton a few weeks back. Im 28.

The lass was really apologetic.

I told her that shed made my day!

I was well chuffed :D

Edited by MattBairn

Moronic people at health and safety.

To set the background, we work with Radioactive material, and there are important safety regulations we have to deal with. If you are a rad worker, you have to have taken a refresher course in the past year. If you do not do this the lab are not allowed to order any rad material.

Anyway, we had someone who left the lab before christmas, and were removed from dosimetry badges (and therefore, atleast we thought, any lists of rad. workers). Everyone else went on the refresher course in january, and we are up to date with everything.

We have since January ordered 2 sets of Rad material without a problem. We need some more to do work, and sent off to order on Friday. (this has to go through the department Rad safety contact, who sends it to the university rad safety office and they order it)

Anyway 10 minutes ago, i got a call from the rad. safety person saying they have to hold up our order as they have not received an email informing them that Mrs Worker left us in December. (Quite how they knew she had left, yet didn't receive an email i do not know) I explained we had done all that when she left, and she even had to get the Rad. safety office to sign off that she had left. no Radiation badges arrived for her at all since December, and as i said we have ordered rad material before last week and not had a problem.

Anyway all i had to do was send an email stating she had left. In the email i said hopefully this will ensure there is no hold up in future with our order. (basically what he had told me would happen if i didn't write the email). 2 seconds after i sent the email i got a phone-call from the guy. I was told off for the abusive email :blink: saying that the order was not held up, that they work very hard calling people to ensure this does not happen.

The whole department is full of morons, and people to make sure they have enough ethnic minorities/females in positions of importance to fill quotas. :rolleyes:

Moronic people at health and safety.

To set the background, we work with Radioactive material, and there are important safety regulations we have to deal with. If you are a rad worker, you have to have taken a refresher course in the past year. If you do not do this the lab are not allowed to order any rad material.

Anyway, we had someone who left the lab before christmas, and were removed from dosimetry badges (and therefore, atleast we thought, any lists of rad. workers). Everyone else went on the refresher course in january, and we are up to date with everything.

We have since January ordered 2 sets of Rad material without a problem. We need some more to do work, and sent off to order on Friday. (this has to go through the department Rad safety contact, who sends it to the university rad safety office and they order it)

That's totally rad, dude.