Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

While it’s an interesting idea, the demographics are wrong. In the City Center, the weekday/working hours people support a totally different business and service ecology than 24/7 residents support, especially if you focus on the affordable housing. For affordable housing you need to locate in an area that is not within a food desert (and lovely term, designating a locale with no supermarket or similar grocery store within a reasonable distance) and that allows for the provision of social services (often required in affordable living demos) within a short distance. You also need employment, and while some of that would come hand in hand with the developments associated with the new residents, that wouldn’t be sufficient. Then you have the lack of transportation service outside “conventional” hours, where many people in affordable housing have jobs with non-conventional hours.

The more successful developments recently have tended to be more boutique, with a shopping cluster co-located with housing, but the housing has been for the upper middle and lower upper class, generally, as they also have the income to support the development overall. The provision of the core customer base encourages stores and businesses to locate in the area, which then results in more custom from people from outside the immediate area due to variety, however, this also results in a business mix skewed toward a more affluent clientele.

You haven't been to Methil recently have you? 

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

At work today. Nobody at home, and Evri have sent a picture of a parcel they delivered. Sitting on the front doorstep.

99% chance of it being nicked before anyone gets home.

Assuming the driver himself didn't lift it straight after he took the photo.

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

At work today. Nobody at home, and Evri have sent a picture of a parcel they delivered. Sitting on the front doorstep.

Hermes had a habit of flinging stuff into my garden without trying the door regardless of the weather then fucking off.

Edited by Richey Edwards

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hermes had a habit of flinging stuff into my garden without trying the door regardless of the weather then fucking off.

I had a guy leaving a parcel on the ground outside our unlocked shed door in the pouring rain. Thing about all these delivery companies is that it's more about the individual worker than the firm they're employed by, it's worth complaining if you get an arsehole.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I had a guy leaving a parcel on the ground outside our unlocked shed door in the pouring rain. Thing about all these delivery companies is that it's more about the individual worker than the firm they're employed by, it's worth complaining if you get an arsehole.

They left a cardboard box around the back in the wind and pissing rain. I was at work, so the box had disintegrated by the time I was back. The front porch is sheltered, they could have at least sat it there out of the rain.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Not saying Evri are dodgy fkn shitehawks, but Evri are dodgy fkn shitehawks.

Stuff I ordered mid - late October from Sports Direct (I know, I know), made it as far as their hub then mysteriously disappeared. Only now have they admitted it's been lost (a.k.a. stolen) and my refund can be processed.

On Sunday I ordered a couple of things for the wife from Next on next day delivery. Got a sinking feeling when I got a message later that night to say they had arrived at Evri hub. Tracking says theyre unsurprisingly still there(or under someone else's Christmas tree)........