Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’ll teach you to go to Sheffield!

Greenest city in Europe, I'll have you know. It also used to have the 'Hole int' Road' - essentially a roundabout with the centre dug out and underpasses down to it, which had a fishtank in one wall.

d6e7bc44feb1613d041d5385e5745b10_XL.thumb.jpg.cd1051a201ebca382e5c87a1b1510d19.jpg

22 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Greenest city in Europe, I'll have you know. It also used to have the 'Hole int' Road' - essentially a roundabout with the centre dug out and underpasses down to it, which had a fishtank in one wall.

d6e7bc44feb1613d041d5385e5745b10_XL.thumb.jpg.cd1051a201ebca382e5c87a1b1510d19.jpg

How was that ever passed as safe? :lol:

This het heat that's far too het to be good for you. Sweating, no sleeping at night then having random old man sleeps during the day that I appear to have zero control over. 

Oh, and I've got the suit looked oot for a funeral the morra. Mair sweating. 

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Train to Sheffield, FFS. Poverty wagons stuffed full of noisy c***s, smelly c***s, fat c***s eating stinking fast food, screaming bairns and shrieking mums - never again.

And you thought you'd left all that shite behind in Falkirk...

3 hours ago, stimpy said:

This het heat that's far too het to be good for you. Sweating, no sleeping at night then having random old man sleeps during the day that I appear to have zero control over. 

Drippin' like a knackered fridge?

3 hours ago, stimpy said:

Hoping it’s not yours.

Only got to 37 here today, but the heat index is 46…

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Drippin' like a knackered fridge?

Thankfully that’s exactly what the air conditioner is doing!

Newspapers who report on "sunbed mania" at some gammon resort on a Spanish island as if it's news. The Sun had a story yesterday about a "hero" who removed 5 towels from sunbeds. Quite why anyone chooses to go these places on holiday is beyond me, but I can't understand why people want to read about it. 

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Newspapers who report on "sunbed mania" at some gammon resort on a Spanish island as if it's news. The Sun had a story yesterday about a "hero" who removed 5 towels from sunbeds. Quite why anyone chooses to go these places on holiday is beyond me, but I can't understand why people want to read about it. 

Visual representation of "hero"

Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF

On 15/06/2023 at 17:57, Central Belt Caley said:

Every single football player in Scotland starting a tweet/post with “Unfortunately, my time at x has come to an end” when their contract expires.  

At least try and be a bit original lads 

For me, the word unfortunately implies the player had no choice in the matter.  When in fact, IMO 9 times out of 10 the club they're leaving offered them a new contract, usually for more money.

There's nothing unfortunate about it, they've chosen to leave.  Just say 'Enjoyed my time here but it's time to move on' or something along those lines.

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

For me, the word unfortunately implies the player had no choice in the matter.  When in fact, IMO 9 times out of 10 the club they're leaving offered them a new contract, usually for more money.

There's nothing unfortunate about it, they've chosen to leave.  Just say 'Enjoyed my time here but it's time to move on' or something along those lines.

Unfortunately, most professional footballers have poor vocabulary usage.  

On the face of it, I would hate to be a full time professional footballer in the Championship/League One area.

Contracts are usually just for a year. You might end up moving all round the country, switching teams each year or two. Fans often debating your salary (believing you should work for the absolute bare minimum).

One bad tackle and you're done. Even if not, by your 30s you need to start thinking about the next career. It's not like being higher up in the food chain where players might have earned enough to buy a big nice house and tuck some aside.

And then what? Very few go into coaching/management for life, so you're starting out again from hee haw.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

One bad tackle and you're done. Even if not, by your 30s you need to start thinking about the next career. It's not like being higher up in the food chain where players might have earned enough to buy a big nice house and tuck some aside.

And then what? Very few go into coaching/management for life, so you're starting out again from hee haw.

Depending on your performances too you might not even get another full time gig. Scary times if you’ve kids to feed and a mortgage to pay and not considered that. 

Si Ferry spoke about his experience getting bombed from Dundee and no full time team would touch him. Ended up at Peterhead in league 1 and doing the nightshift at the royal mail before OG kicked off 

20 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Train to Sheffield, FFS. Poverty wagons stuffed full of noisy c***s, smelly c***s, fat c***s eating stinking fast food, screaming bairns and shrieking mums - never again.

this is why I always go first class when I'm travelling down that line

rich.jpg.36886f3025a0164469a368c105be3059.jpg