Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Always pish in traps even if there's no one in the room. Think I have paruresis tbf. 

I'm the opposite. If I go in a public toilet for a pee and its only stalls, I'll just hold it. Also, could never walk into a stall immediately after someone comes out. Don't know how women do it.

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm the opposite. If I go in a public toilet for a pee and its only stalls, I'll just hold it. Also, could never walk into a stall immediately after someone comes out. Don't know how women do it.

Sitting down.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Always pish in traps even if there's no one in the room. Think I have paruresis tbf. 

Pal of mine suffers from that.  He is not embarrassed by it as he's been aware of it for years. It's probably more common than people think. He does find it annoying when he goes for a pee in a busy pub but the traps are occupied... he waves folk in past him to use the urinals - some are a bit confused.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

One of the most surreal experiences of my life, walking up to a urinal at T in the Park whilst refreshed and medicated, and a lassie standing next to me doing a slash/having a wee chat

I mind similar happening at a gig on Glasgow Green (Stone Roses, possibly). The queue for the lassies toilets was gigantic, but the guys was just a large outdoor urinal paddock type thing. There was more women in there pishing than there was men. Everyone just got on with it. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Pal of mine suffers from that.  He is not embarrassed by it as he's been aware of it for years. It's probably more common than people think. He does find it annoying when he goes for a pee in a busy pub but the traps are occupied... he waves folk in past him to use the urinals - some are a bit confused.

Would they not just think he needed a shite?

8 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Would they not just think he needed a shite?

More likely they just assume he's a cokehead 

7 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

44 years old and until 2 days ago on this thread I'd never heard of the cubicles in toilets being referred to as 'traps'. Is this another east/west thing?

The only traps I associate with toilets are those in the plumbing.  

11 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Someones got to pish the excess jobby off the porcelain - wheres your public spiirit?

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Probably another Americanism

no, it's from greyhound racing and have been using it for about 40 years since I moved to Scotland west and east coast.

Edited by SlipperyP