Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

The ‘fairytale’ aspect to Newcastle being in the Champions League. 

I just noticed that. They're a massively underachieving big club that now has resources to rival anyone.

At least Leicester had just been a bog standard average English league club before money arrived.

6 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

The ‘fairytale’ aspect to Newcastle being in the Champions League. 

Is it the fairytale that the ownership linked to the murder of a journalist aren't in the clink?

Have to respect Newcastle going out their way to find someone who makes Mike Ashley look saint like.

Or something sporting related?

8 hours ago, BTFD said:

I just noticed that. They're a massively underachieving big club that now has resources to rival anyone.

At least Leicester had just been a bog standard average English league club before money arrived.

Newcastle are one of the richest clubs in Europe, that they managed to finish third in the Premier League is a decent achievement, but way short of a fairytale.  Money obviously doesn’t guarantee success but they’ve spent about £400m on players since the new owners arrived. I think only Chelsea better that? Who knows what the f**k Chelsea are up to though. 

If Leicester hadn’t won the league in 15/16 but still qualified for the Champions League, I’d still be willing to accept that being a fairytale. Shite before winning the league and shite immediately after, so it at least had that once in a generation/lifetime element to it. Newcastle are most likely here to stay. 

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

New phones that no longer have an earphone/headphone jack/port.

Had to buy a USB cable to connect to my earphones.

I bought my Mrs a google pixel 7 just before going on holiday, she picked up new earphones for on the plane, I asked if she wanted a set of bluetooth ones "no I prefer wired ones" only to realise on the plane that there is no headphone jack. Had to share my earphones with her, raging.

1 hour ago, Dan Steele said:

Maybe that is how they found them, though.

My local dog park has a sign on the entrance gate saying ‘Please leave the park cleaner than you found it’. 

Yeah, nah, I don’t think I’ll be cleaning up other dog’s shit thanks very much. 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

I bought my Mrs a google pixel 7 just before going on holiday, she picked up new earphones for on the plane, I asked if she wanted a set of bluetooth ones "no I prefer wired ones" only to realise on the plane that there is no headphone jack. Had to share my earphones with her, raging.

What sort of lunatic “prefers” wired ones? 

29 minutes ago, throbber said:

Has anyone else’s fire alarm gone off for no reason in middle of night and only for a matter of seconds before? This happened last night and was terrifying.

Used to happen, not necessarily at night, when we had battery operated ones and usually meant battery needed replacing. Our new alarms will go off occasionally on a cold day if there’s too much steam from having too hot and too long a shower or cooking something that involves a lot of boiling or burning toast etc.