Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Christmas bakery products are generally great, even the cheapo brands. As well as mince pies, christmas cake and stollen are both magic. The Italians have fucked up big time with panettone though. That's complete shite. 

You've been buying the wrong ones. Panettone is one of the most moreish sweet bakery items the world has ever known. Get one that has a plenty of oil in the ingredients.

Colomba at Easter though however is awful.

Got a notification from "We are the People" Facebook page informing me I had won a top fan badge. 

All this because I had got into discussion with a bellend who reckoned if it wasn't for Rangers, clubs like East Fife would go out of business. Pointing out a certain liquidation event in 2012 only prolonged the diatribe. 

Anyone want a top fan badge for We are the People? 

On 26/08/2023 at 16:57, carpetmonster said:

Not making a cup of tea until after your wife's come back from the aerobics class you could have asked her to get some milk on the way back from and then realising the milk's off. 

Drink it black.

The new advert with Jamie Redknapp for Skechers slip-on trainers… ‘Are you still using your hands to touch your trainers? There’s no need, with slip-on technology from Skechers. It’s like having a shoe horn in your heel. Just slip them on. Comfortable and secure. New slip-ons from Skechers’.

Well aye, I’m still using my hands to touch my trainers. To pick them off the shoe rack in the cupboard. To pick them up and put them back on the shoe rack. If I’m at the gym I use my hands to take them off, pick them up, and put them in the locker at the gym. I use my hands to take them back out the locker and place them on the floor before putting them on.

Have my trainers suddenly become toxic? Radioactive? Riddled with Covid and/or covered in dug shite? No.

So, aye, I still use my hands to touch my trainers Redknapp, you daft kunt.

47 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The new advert with Jamie Redknapp for Skechers slip-on trainers… ‘Are you still using your hands to touch your trainers? There’s no need, with slip-on technology from Skechers. It’s like having a shoe horn in your heel. Just slip them on. Comfortable and secure. New slip-ons from Skechers’.

Well aye, I’m still using my hands to touch my trainers. To pick them off the shoe rack in the cupboard. To pick them up and put them back on the shoe rack. If I’m at the gym I use my hands to take them off, pick them up, and put them in the locker at the gym. I use my hands to take them back out the locker and place them on the floor before putting them on.

Have my trainers suddenly become toxic? Radioactive? Riddled with Covid and/or covered in dug shite? No.

So, aye, I still use my hands to touch my trainers Redknapp, you daft kunt.

Get with the programme you old daftie. They're for big fat c***s the can't bend down to tie laces.

On 21/09/2023 at 15:48, throbber said:

Has anyone else’s fire alarm gone off for no reason in middle of night and only for a matter of seconds before? This happened last night and was terrifying.

Is that not what happens when the batteries are on their way out? 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is that not what happens when the batteries are on their way out? 

People in Scotland were ordered to fork out on new linked alarms last year with batteries that last 10 years, so unlikely although mine are still in a box.. :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Planning on having ramen tomorrow and making the eggs today so.i can.marinade them properly. Cannot get the b*****ds to peel and have had to chuck away 2 eggs. Attempt #2 upcoming.

Seems to happen randomly to me but have you tried soaking them in cold water for a spell after boiling? Very fresh eggs are supposed to be worst for it.

On 21/09/2023 at 08:48, throbber said:

Has anyone else’s fire alarm gone off for no reason in middle of night and only for a matter of seconds before? This happened last night and was terrifying.

Have you considered the very real possibility that a poltergeist self-combusted in your hall?

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Seems to happen randomly to me but have you tried soaking them in cold water for a spell after boiling? Very fresh eggs are supposed to be worst for it.

That was after sitting in cold water.

Attempt 2 was successful and they are now in the marinade for 24 hours. Should be great tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Planning on having ramen tomorrow and making the eggs today so.i can.marinade them properly. Cannot get the b*****ds to peel and have had to chuck away 2 eggs. Attempt #2 upcoming.

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Isn’t there a trick of adding white vinegar to the water for boiling, makes it easier to peel?