Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Christmas is a wonderful time to get rid of random shit out of your cupboard by giving it to someone else though.

You are not wrong - I am more annoyed at myself for being a greedy bugger and not just lying it on its side for a week to get some moisture back in.

Delaying buying the final couple of presents for people you weren't expecting to see until the middle of January, finding out they're doing a flying visit tomorrow morning, realising you HAVE TO go shopping to buy their presents today, looking out the window and seeing that it is pishing down.

Merry Humbug.

I’ve a hangover. Made a large mug of tea and drank about half of it. Tasted odd and vaguely unpleasant but kept going because of aforementioned hangover. 

Just noticed the milk is off. Not lumpy, but sour smelling. And it’s use by is today so should be ok. 

So now I have a hangover, feel a bit nauseous, and can’t make a proper tea/coffee until I can get to the shops which I can’t be arsed doing. 

FFS

2 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

I’ve a hangover. Made a large mug of tea and drank about half of it. Tasted odd and vaguely unpleasant but kept going because of aforementioned hangover. 

Just noticed the milk is off. Not lumpy, but sour smelling. And it’s use by is today so should be ok. 

So now I have a hangover, feel a bit nauseous, and can’t make a proper tea/coffee until I can get to the shops which I can’t be arsed doing. 

FFS

My cure for a hangover is black tea, buttered toast and oranges/Orange juice.

Unlimited quantities of each. It helps, I promise!

5 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

FFS

@Leith Green will be spewing if you haven't poured the rest down the sink. 

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

If slicing your finger open on dog food can lids was an Olympic sport, I'd be bringing the gold home every fucking time.

Hide contents

20231230_091455.thumb.jpg.b8dc5f2cd07661e1da0de26a85fec2a6.jpg

Can sympathise with that. Opening a tin of sardines was responsible for my only trip for urgent hospital treatment, to get a slice right down a finger glued up. 

Having to deal with, now, 5 different companies/organisations in order to deal with me recent absences from work, short term disability and reinstating my health insurance.

None of these c***s talk to each other so I'm on the phone almost constantly trying to get them to pass information on!

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Can sympathise with that. Opening a tin of sardines was responsible for my only trip for urgent hospital treatment, to get a slice right down a finger glued up. 

I dunno what it is with tin cans but my subconscious spots them in the sink and immediately goes "I wonder if we can remove the entire finger this time."

13 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I dunno what it is with tin cans but my subconscious spots them in the sink and immediately goes "I wonder if we can remove the entire finger this time."

When we bought our first flat together, my future wife insisted on spending a silly sum of money on a posh set of kitchen knives. Something like 300 quid. She was very keen to emphasize how sharp they were, something something laser cut, something something surgical scalpel sharpness etc.

I caved, and needless to say the first time I used them I nearly removed a finger when cutting sausages. A day in hospital followed for some minor hand surgery as I cut through a nerve and tendon or something.

The main thing of course was that the Mrs was absolutely delighted to be proven right about how sharp they were.

I still have a scar on my right middle finger from opening a tin of tuna. Have never bled so much. Was intensely painful as it cut through to the fat layer. Took multiple plasters and layers of blue tape to stop the bleeding.