Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Is anyone else noticing paracetamol tablets are harder to get out of the wrapper they are in? I used to be able to just push the pill up through the foil/plastic and the pill would be in one piece but recently it’s as if the wrapper is stronger or the pills are softer and they break when piercing through. I have resorted to piercing the wrapper with a knife so I’m not consuming a powdery broken pill.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is anyone else noticing paracetamol tablets are harder to get out of the wrapper they are in? I used to be able to just push the pill up through the foil/plastic and the pill would be in one piece but recently it’s as if the wrapper is stronger or the pills are softer and they break when piercing through. I have resorted to piercing the wrapper with a knife so I’m not consuming a powdery broken pill.

Yep. Brexit, innit.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

Those are pills that are softer because they are laced with Armenian Fentanyl.

BE A WEAR.

18 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

All Eurostar services cancelled today.  Flooding, apparently. Obviously unacceptable and an affront to national dignity. Something must be done!

Clearly not enough billions spent yet.  Time to find the magic money tree for London.

This adult was on BBC breakfast devistated that she couldn't get to Disney. I've never liked Disney but I assume most people grew out of that stage around adolescenes.

IMG_20231231_091641.jpg

51 minutes ago, throbber said:

Nope, you're getting old and feeble. 

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

This adult was on BBC breakfast devistated that she couldn't get to Disney. I've never liked Disney but I assume most people grew out of that stage around adolescenes.

IMG_20231231_091641.jpg

I've just been sat with that on too. "I don't have any plans for new year's now." I fucking bet you don't.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I'm surprised they aren't kept out of your reach.

31 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Global knives are good but the handle hurts my hands

They're a terrible design. The blades are fine but no better than many other knives if you're spending cash. The number of people that have fallen for Global's marketing is ridiculous.

Edited by milton75

26 minutes ago, milton75 said:

They're a terrible design. The blades are fine but no better than many other knives if you're spending cash. The number of people that have fallen for Global's marketing is ridiculous.

Was brand chefs I worked with used.

'Come Dine With Me'

I decided to have some impromptu pre-pub drinks at mine with a handful of friends (who's flights were cancelled) tonight, just needing "a couple of 6 packs and a selection of crisps".  Instead my other half has decided this has to mean enough fancy food and drinks to supply the entire crew of a North Sea platform. 

That programme has a lot to answer for.