Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Eednud said:

Don’t forget macaroons as well as scones and Scone.

My dad who lives out there has pandered to the mob and nows says mee-dee-um instead of meej-um. 

39 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You've gone down in my estimation after this admission, you little scamp.

On similar lines, I witnessed a bit of pedestrian rage at Bernard Terrace / Newington Rd. junction on Sunday night - Deliveroo dude on e-bike went through lights on a green man and was promptly hauled off his machine by a couple of handy looking lads who told him, in no uncertain terms, to stop being a pest and danger to other people.

Aye I only do it when it's objectively safe. The deliveroo lads are absolutely terrible tbh. I'm surprised I haven't seen one splattered tbh.

23 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye I only do it when it's objectively safe. The deliveroo lads are absolutely terrible tbh. I'm surprised I haven't seen one splattered tbh.

I was walking out my wife's office on St Enoch Sq the other evening after I had been in doing some work. It's a pedestrianised area so I wasn't really expecting a Just Eat c**t on one of these e-bikes with the big chunky tyres to go skelping past me at about 30 miles an hour as I came out the door.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I was walking out my wife's office on St Enoch Sq the other evening after I had been in doing some work. It's a pedestrianised area so I wasn't really expecting a Just Eat c**t on one of these e-bikes with the big chunky tyres to go skelping past me at about 30 miles an hour as I came out the door.

As far as I know it's illegal to ride those things on pavements, but the polis do nothing. It'll take fatalities or a few serious injuries for any crackdown to happen.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

As far as I know it's illegal to ride those things on pavements, but the polis do nothing. It'll take fatalities or a few serious injuries for any crackdown to happen.

Argyle Street is like running the gauntlet with them. 

20 minutes ago, velo army said:

TBF a Just Eat cyclist being hit by a lorry would be tragic. Imagine the poor sod waiting in vain for his pizza.

17 minutes ago, GordonD said:

TBF a Just Eat cyclist being hit by a lorry would be tragic. Imagine the poor sod waiting in vain for his pizza.

Said poor sod will get a redelivery and a refund. It's a victimless crime 🙃.

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

The way Australians mispronounce the word "maroon" has always annoyed me. 

I’m with you on this. As a Manly Sea Eagles fan, aye, I know, God help me, etc… who play in ma-roon jerseys, to hear ma-roon pronounced mah-roan, does my tits in. The State of Origin games are even worse, with the NSW Blues and Queensland ‘mah-roans’.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Which is why walking sticks as gentlemen’s accessories should make a comeback…just let go quickly as you jab it through the spokes.

The current advert that continually comes up when I'm scrolling through P&B on my phone, is for the new series of the traitors. Which means about 20 times a day I am confronted with Claudia Winkleman's puss and the 743,612 layers of make up it has on it. 

2 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The current advert that continually comes up when I'm scrolling through P&B on my phone, is for the new series of the traitors. Which means about 20 times a day I am confronted with Claudia Winkleman's puss and the 743,612 layers of make up it has on it. 

The big list of raven-haired women who make a fringe look good:

• Bettie Page

6 hours ago, velo army said:

One had just been knocked off his bike  on a street round the corner from me which is always clogged with delivery drivers as there’s a few takeaways. Just drove round the boy. He was probably fine. 

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Is that who it is? I thought it was the Chic Young lookalike guitarist off of Slade.

6 hours ago, velo army said:

That would be deliver-oooooohhh.

I’ll grab my jaiket as I log out of the interweb.

37 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is that who it is? I thought it was the Chic Young lookalike guitarist off of Slade.

How could you not know who Claudia Winkelman is, she's omnipresent. Even if you don't watch her programmes they are constantly trailed and advertised.

50 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How could you not know who Claudia Winkelman is, she's omnipresent. Even if you don't watch her programmes they are constantly trailed and advertised.

The advert that really ripped my knitting was the one where she said she would give her spleen for a shampoo

For some reason I really fancied some hash browns this evening.

Fired round to Lidl for some. They didn't have any.

Not that they were sold out; they don't sell any. Was fuming. Had to settle for onion rings instead.

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

For some reason I really fancied some hash browns this evening.

Fired round to Lidl for some. They didn't have any.

Not that they were sold out; they don't sell any. Was fuming. Had to settle for onion rings instead.

You should only be fuming at yourself for clamouring after an utter shite, failed English/American attempt at the tattoo scone, which I'd assume was readily available.