Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, ___ said:

On the subject of for sale signs, whats the point in putting up signs with "sold" on them?  If the house has been sold, just why not take the sign away.

The estate agents patting themselves on the back for 'can you believe we sold this shit hole'

American Football is an even shitter version of Rugby which, itself is absolutely shit so bizarre and depressing in equal measure the amount of gimps on my timeline posting about staying up till 5am to watch that absolute pish.

Twenty meat headed roid filled dolts in shoulder pads and crash helmets all clatter into one another while some guy throws a rugby ball for another guy to catch, ten seconds of play followed by a twenty minute stoppage till the restart so morbidly obese red necks in the stand called Randy and Dwayne can stuff another four hot dogs and supersize Dr Pepper down their throat and on television we have several minutes of adverts from our partners, Microsoft, Pepsi, Disney land and Chucks Gun Store in Oklohoma. 

Like all sports that American folk love it has umpteen stoppages in play for adverts and buying merchandise making it completely unwatchable, folk from this island who, by rights should shun this utter freakshow suddenly taking an interest in it for one night only for social media kudos should frankly be choked to death by being force fed cheeseburgers till their windpipe is solidly compacted.

c***s from Tullibody, Stonehaven, Erskine and Falkirk getting a case of Budweiser and a tub of Pretzels in to stay up to watch the Detroit Motherfuckers against the New Orleans High School Gun Spree Killers 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

American Football is an even shitter version of Rugby which, itself is absolutely shit so bizarre and depressing in equal measure the amount of gimps on my timeline posting about staying up till 5am to watch that absolute pish.

Twenty meat headed roid filled dolts in shoulder pads and crash helmets all clatter into one another while some guy throws a rugby ball for another guy to catch, ten seconds of play followed by a twenty minute stoppage till the restart so morbidly obese red necks in the stand called Randy and Dwayne can stuff another four hot dogs and supersize Dr Pepper down their throat and on television we have several minutes of adverts from our partners, Microsoft, Pepsi, Disney land and Chucks Gun Store in Oklohoma. 

Like all sports that American folk love it has umpteen stoppages in play for adverts and buying merchandise making it completely unwatchable, folk from this island who, by rights should shun this utter freakshow suddenly taking an interest in it for one night only for social media kudos should frankly be choked to death by being force fed cheeseburgers till their windpipe is solidly compacted.

c***s from Tullibody, Stonehaven, Erskine and Falkirk getting a case of Budweiser and a tub of Pretzels in to stay up to watch the Detroit Motherfuckers against the New Orleans High School Gun Spree Killers 🤦‍♂️

You could always turn the TV over to something else and help your blood pressure.

4 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

You could always turn the TV over to something else and help your blood pressure.

WHY DONT YOU....

WHY DON'T YOU....

Only posters of my age and above will get this joke in fairness. 

52 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Loved that show.  Sat on my arse watching it every Saturday.

It coincided with the school holidays when I was young. You either got the Scottish lot or it seemed more often we would get the gang from Norn Iron.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Pie and Bovril never disappoints! Every time there is a big sporting event that's not fitba (there are other sports, folks) there's someone in here slating that sport :lol:

6 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Loved that show.  Sat on my arse watching it every Saturday.

I never got past the intro. 

I did what they told me and turned the tv off and went out

Edited by Nkomo-A-Gogo

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It coincided with the school holidays when I was young. You either got the Scottish lot or it seemed more often we would get the gang from Norn Iron.

Petrol bombing the police and punishment beatings were my favourites.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pie and Bovril never disappoints! Every time there is a big sporting event that's not fitba (there are other sports, folks) there's someone in here slating that sport :lol:

In fairness, it is shite.

Not quite as shite as baseball, but shite nonetheless.

35 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

In fairness, it is shite.

Not quite as shite as baseball, but shite nonetheless.

It really isnt, but that's a different discussion. Some folk seem to get weirdly upset that other folk enjoy sports other than football. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It really isnt, but that's a different discussion. Some folk seem to get weirdly upset that other folk enjoy sports other than football. 

To be fair, isn't that what this particular thread is about?  

16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, isn't that what this particular thread is about?  

It is. My PTTGOMN is the tediousness of that particular complaint though every single major (non fitba) sporting event. 

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Wouldn't be so bad if they stopped calling it 'Football' since 95% of the time they're throwing the ball to each other.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There's a lot of middle ground between getting upset at people liking non-football sport and people thinking American football is particularly shite. I often watch boxing, tennis, athletics (plus snooker, "sport" status tbc); watched ski jumping and egg chasing over the last few days. 

American football is definitely on the shite list, along with golf and test cricket. But apparently Taylor Swift was playing this year so it needs to be in the news, and talked about by bell ends at work, which is irritating. 

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There's a lot of middle ground between getting upset at people liking non-football sport and people thinking American football is particularly shite. I often watch boxing, tennis, athletics (plus snooker, "sport" status tbc); watched ski jumping and egg chasing over the last few days. 

American football is definitely on the shite list, along with golf and test cricket. But apparently Taylor Swift was playing this year so it needs to be in the news, and talked about by bell ends at work, which is irritating. 

My issue isn't folk not liking American Football, it's not for everyone. Like you, there are sports I don't like, Golf being the main one but I don't seem to get annoyed when the Masters is on. 

Watch this space when another major sporting event is on to see what I mean. 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Surely they open it to let you in

Again, that's a show home. Not an open show home.

Open show homes should be the first on the lot with someone there during working hours to answer questions.