Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

47 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Genuinely never considered that to be arsehole behaviour.  Me, the wife and son always do that.  Strange if all 3 of us queued up to order and then looked for a table IMO.  

Aye, through the door, "grab a table". Foolish and naive to do otherwise. 

However, the morbidly obese mother/daughter partnerships that pull this shit in the till queues at Home Bargains should be sent to the salt mines. One of them going back because they forgot tea bags or something is fine. Turning up to join the front of the queue with a basket full of a weeks groceries and kids clothes is taking the piss. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

However, the morbidly obese mother/daughter partnerships that pull this shit in the till queues at Home Bargains should be sent to the salt mines. One of them going back because they forgot tea bags or something is fine. Turning up to join the front of the queue with a basket full of a weeks groceries and kids clothes is taking the piss. 

We get that where I am as well, and on an industrial scale; one of the pair joins the queue with a half-full trolley and the other finishes the shopping - and not just a couple of things either.  While I'm at it - it's a thing where I am amongst young 'uns to join 2 queues and then one of the pair will jump across to the queue which is about to be served 1st at the last minute.  C***S!

OK - a last one as it happened this morning.  I was turning into a busy car park where there was a fountain which served as a roundabout (or circles as we call them in the civilised world ).  The guy in the truck behind actually took the roundabout in the wrong direction to cut in front of me to grab the last parking spot (last laugh on him though as the security guard moved  a few cones to let me park so a bit of a minter for truck man).  

11 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

The same technique can be used at work. Leave your computer on screen saver, and a spare coat over the back of your chair when you go home at night. In the morning people will think you're in early when they get into the office. 

Used to work with a guy that always wore two jackets to work. Two hour lunches were covered by leaving one jacket on back of seat and wear the other. He would hit the pub, even when folk twigged, there was the day we had to phone to the pub to tell him a manger was on the way looking for him, he left by the back door of the pub as the manager came in the front. Days when you could have a pint at lunchtime. 

I am getting on my nerves for not paying attention last night.

Out for a quick dinner last night before going to watch a recording of the BBC R4 news Quiz in Aberdeen, so early dinner in Miller & Carter to use up a voucher. Bill comes and its £84.60. When paying I hand the gift card over, it's £80.00 so only a balance of £4.60 to pay on card. The waitress had been good and basically a free meal so on the screen of the card machine it had tip options. Either 8%, 10%, 12% or amount. I hit 12% and tapped to pay without thinking. Checking my phone later have an alert from bank, get one for every transaction. Confirming I have paid £5.15. It took 12% of £4.60 not 12% of £84.60 which I genuinely thought it would. Feel like the tightest bugger alive today, it close to home and feel like sticking a tenner in a card and handing it in for the waitress. Was a genuine error but feel like have taken the piss with the tip.

Edited by MEADOWXI

18 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Out for a quick dinner last night before going to watch a recording of the BBC R4 news Quiz in Aberdeen, so early dinner in Miller & Carter to use up a voucher. Bill comes and its £84.60. When paying I hand the gift card over, it's £80.00 so only a balance of £4.60 to pay on card. The waitress had been good and basically a free meal so on the screen of the card machine it had tip options. Either 8%, 10%, 12% or amount. I hit 12% and tapped to pay without thinking. Checking my phone later have an alert from bank, get one for every transaction. Confirming I have paid £5.15. It took 12% of £4.60 not 12% of £84.60 which I genuinely thought it would. Feel like the tightest bugger alive today, it close to home and feel like sticking a tenner in a card and handing it in for the waitress. Was a genuine error but feel like have taken the piss with the tip.

The waitress upon seeing your tip -

Toy Story memes | quickmeme

22 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

I wouldn't beat myself up over it - I'm certain she will have realised exactly what happened.  Best wait a while before going back, though!

12 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

The Microsoft | La Liga* "Beyond Stats" nonsense. It's not beyond stats, it's still regular fucking stats.

*shocked that they didn't go with Microsoft x La Liga. That "x" collaboration shite got tired a long time ago.

- DiegoDiego x P&B

Love the content. DM me for collab

43 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Used to work with a guy that always wore two jackets to work. Two hour lunches were covered by leaving one jacket on back of seat and wear the other. He would hit the pub, even when folk twigged, there was the day we had to phone to the pub to tell him a manger was on the way looking for him, he left by the back door of the pub as the manager came in the front. Days when you could have a pint at lunchtime. 

You didn't need to wear two, you could plank a jacket in the office. 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

4 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

I am getting on my nerves for not paying attention last night...Feel like the tightest bugger alive today, it close to home and feel like sticking a tenner in a card and handing it in for the waitress. Was a genuine error but feel like have taken the piss with the tip.

I would stop in today and apologise to the waitress and top up the tip. You’ll feel better and she’ll both understand and appreciate the gesture.

It's a tricky one. I'd just leave it now to be honest. Your waitress might not even be working today so it could come off as a bit stalker-ish if you start trying to find out when she's next in. It was a mistake, it happens - you'll know next time you're in the same situation.

In any case if you were paying the tip by card it's probably going into a pot rather than directly to her.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

I would stop in today and apologise to the waitress and top up the tip. You’ll feel better and she’ll both understand and appreciate the gesture.

Then she thinks she's got a stalker.

AI images, nothing to do with the Willy Wonka charlatans, that's hilarious but just every arsehole under the sun sticking a couple of words into an AI Generator to respond to whatever.

It just looks shite. Lol it's a parrot with a top hat on smoking a cigar. f**k off

47 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

AI images, nothing to do with the Willy Wonka charlatans, that's hilarious but just every arsehole under the sun sticking a couple of words into an AI Generator to respond to whatever.

It just looks shite. Lol it's a parrot with a top hat on smoking a cigar. f**k off

Me, whenever I see one of these goons:

HsqpafBUTNYc.gif

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

It's a tricky one. I'd just leave it now to be honest. Your waitress might not even be working today so it could come off as a bit stalker-ish if you start trying to find out when she's next in. It was a mistake, it happens - you'll know next time you're in the same situation.

In any case if you were paying the tip by card it's probably going into a pot rather than directly to her.

Honestly as a former waiter I'd say that it would be hugely appreciated. It can be a bit of a bummer when you've worked hard for a table and gotten f**k all, and honestly the waitress in question will be tickled pink if you hand it in in a card with the explanation. 

It shows class and, trust me, you'll be remembered next time you're back and treated well.