Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Yesterday I was behind a guy who did all of this and when he was done he actually went into the shop whilst leaving his car sitting in the only air space and then when he got back into his car he sat on his phone.

Go on, you know you want to!

R3CjlQ.gif

15 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Go on, you know you want to!

R3CjlQ.gif

It’s ridiculous just how ignorant some people can be. 

I’m going through a phase of absolutely everything annoying me right now and am not facing the general public today.

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See also, every single tiktok/reel/short/Snapchat video anyone ever thrusts into your face and demands you watch cos it's absolutely hilarious. 

110% with you on this, had one of my pals muted on Instagram for months because every single reel he finds funny gets sent 

Ive got it easy though, my other pal is living with him at the moment and he gets followed round the house and shown every video personally 

Washed the car today, thoroughly. Inside and out, shampooing the seats, shining the dashboard, the works. Took ages.

Half an hour later, I am out of milk so nip to the shop. It is a little under a mile away, but still I drove. 

Coming the other way was some kind of truck loaded with rocks and soil. No idea what actually happened as we passed but i heard something. Back home and the car is filthy again.

Minute's applauses during football matches. If you want to commemorate someone then it should be done either before kick-off or (preferably) at half-time when it is less officially performative. A minute's clapping during a game while players are pointlessly shelling the ball out for goal kicks is nonsense. Get it in the bin.

The shower in our new bathroom wasn't sealed properly and has been leaking since it went in (we think). The water ran down the wall and onto the floor soaking the hallway floor at the other side of the shower wall. Didn't notice until the floor started moving and feeling soft because we have laminate. Ripped the laminate up and boards were soaking wet and mush in places. Phoned the plumber that put the bathroom in and he said he sealed the shower himself and it was definitely done right.

Maybe the floor moved. 

I reminded him he put the floor in. 

Well the joist must have moved then. 

Basically he's having f**k all to do with it so I've had a joiner in to fix the floorboards and had to carpet the floor. 

What can you do? 

Rip him on Facebook is about it unless I go to court. p***k has stolen my kids holiday this year. 

13 minutes ago, stimpy said:

The shower in our new bathroom wasn't sealed properly and has been leaking since it went in (we think). The water ran down the wall and onto the floor soaking the hallway floor at the other side of the shower wall. Didn't notice until the floor started moving and feeling soft because we have laminate. Ripped the laminate up and boards were soaking wet and mush in places. Phoned the plumber that put the bathroom in and he said he sealed the shower himself and it was definitely done right.

Maybe the floor moved. 

Basically he's having f**k all to do with it so I've had a joiner in to fix the floorboards and had to carpet the floor. 

What can you do? 

Rip him on Facebook is about it unless I go to court. p***k has stolen my kids holiday this year. 

95% shower water.

4% pish.

1% spunk.

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

Maybe the floor moved. 

What can you do? 

You could stick a large garden gnome up him

basil.jpg.884b08307cb4644150a2278ba5465cf5.jpg

13 hours ago, stimpy said:

Maybe the floor moved. 

What can you do? 

If either of you is a big fat cûnt, your weight could've pulled the sealant away. That's what happened to my mate.

17 hours ago, stimpy said:

Maybe the floor moved. 

What can you do? 

Send this post as well as a picture of you pointing at the damp floor to your local news paper.

20 hours ago, stimpy said:

Maybe the floor moved. 

What can you do? 

Do you mean -

1 - the silicone seal next to the tiles, or

2 - leaking from the drain trap, or

3 - leaking from the hot/cold pipes?

If its the first one, its unlikely that much water has caused that amount of damage.

If its one of 2 or 3, its the installers error.

On 02/03/2024 at 19:41, velo army said:

Nail on head. It was a less than petty thing that got on my nerves as a waiter was how much the evolutionary psychological paradigm played out in restaurants. Men would pay 2/3rds of the time and the waitresses would get a larger tip by virtue of their sex. I know this as some of the laziest folk I ever worked with at the restaurant would put in a thoroughly average performance and earn the same as me who would put in regular MOTM displays.

I think they deserved it - they've gone above and beyond their job description there.

On 02/03/2024 at 19:01, throbber said:

I know there’s a specific thread about motorists being annoying but why is everyone else except for me it seems so absolutely stupid when it comes to putting air in their tyres? Whenever I’m queuing for air I am always behind some briandead idiot who takes about half an hour , makes repeated journeys to each tyre - alters the eir pressure on the screen on each tyre and goes into their car and sits down for a break before getting back out to work again. Yesterday I was behind a guy who did all of this and when he was done he actually went into the shop whilst leaving his car sitting in the only air space and then when he got back into his car he sat on his phone.

I stick the pressure to 33 psi then make one journey to each tyre then I’m gone - probably takes me about 90 seconds.

Quite a bit of it about.  

On 01/03/2024 at 21:13, 2426255 said:

Yeah fair enough. I'm big on tipping and I understand where the sentiment is coming from and agree with it. I'd still probably just leave it after you've departed the restaurant for the reasons I already gave. What did you do in the end pal? @MEADOWXI

A card with a tenner and a note was handed on Sunday.