Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Folk who think that buying a ticket on a bus or train entitles them to a seat for their bag or even a hat, even when the bus/train is mobbed and people are standing.

Extra points to the cretinous folk in the example above who give out a "tut" noise when asked to move their fekkin bag or hat.

A dearly departed friend of mine used to loudly ask these people if their bag was comfy, which usually embarrassed them enough to move it without any back tut.

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Folk who think that buying a ticket on a bus or train entitles them to a seat for their bag or even a hat, even when the bus/train is mobbed and people are standing.

Extra points to the cretinous folk in the example above who give out a "tut" noise when asked to move their fekkin bag or hat.

Folk who sit at the window side of a train double seat and cover the neighbouring fold down table with their sh1r3 but don't move it when someone sits next to them.

That's all for now but the day is yet young.

I got into an argument with some p***k on a bus the other week. He'd manspread himself across two seats*. I asked him to move over and his answer was that he was too tall to fit in one seat. To which I replied that I was just as tall as he was and managed it perfectly. I should have hit him in the cobblers, that would have closed his legs. 

*no, it wasn't this cnut. Just as much a sense of entitlement though

mogg.jpg.2ee787f9d63a9d920079656c3de9e6f7.jpg

Clocks go forward and it's Easter Sunday. 

I've already had to get up in the middle of the night with indigestion and was looking forward to a lie in. 

Naw. Some fanny has to do some noisy DIY across the road on a Sunday morning. 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I've already had to get up in the middle of the night with indigestion and was looking forward to a lie in. 

On the plus side, my microwave and oven clocks are now at the correct time, first time since end of October. 

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Circa 2000 years ago, somewhere in the Middle East.

Indigestion after a decent meal with Jesus and the lads and was looking forward to a lie in. 

Naw. Some fanny has to move a massive rock from in front of his cave on a Sunday morning. 

I'm in a right mood today.

Getting really peed of with folk posting Easter messages on Facebook when I know fine that they're only doing it to gather likes from folk who obviously don't know them well at all.

There's one lassie who has done the whole cross, rising from the dead and Bible quotes bit, when I know fine that if she was to set foot in a church, either she or the church would burst into flames!

Trying to separate slices of streaky bacon once you’ve opened the vaccum-pack that contains the fcukers.

They’re a major reason for me being a fan of the square sausage.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Trying to separate slices of streaky bacon once you’ve opened the vaccum-pack that contains the fcukers.

They’re a major reason for me being a fan of the square sausage.

That is cooking bacon, for soups and shit. 

Should never be near a roll.

On 30/03/2024 at 13:41, Salt n Vinegar said:

Folk who sit at the window side of a train double seat and cover the neighbouring fold down table with their sh1r3 but don't move it when someone sits next to them.

That's all for now but the day is yet young.

Something I miss doing from my last job (train guard). I wasn't a jobsworth at all but folk putting their shit on a seat when the train was packed used to really f**k me off. I used to go up to folk who were standing and ask if they wanted a seat (surprisingly a lot of folk said they were happy to stand so I always asked), if they said aye I'd then walk through the aisle and spot one of the arseholes you described. I'd turn around to the person standing, point to the seat with a bag on it and shout down "There's a seat free here pal". By the time they got to the seat the arsehole would have moved their stuff. I never asked anyone to move their stuff though as I always felt better shaming them into doing it. Maybe dickish on my part perhaps. 

Edited by 19QOS19

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Something I miss doing from my last job (train guard). I wasn't a jobsworth at all but folk putting their shit on a seat when the train was packed used to really f**k me off. I used to go up to folk who were standing and ask if they wanted a seat (surprisingly a lot of folk said they were happy to stand so I always asked), if they said aye I'd then walk through the aisle and spot one of the arseholes you described. I'd turn around to the person standing, point to the seat with a bag on it and shout down "There's a seat free here pal". By the time they got to the seat the arsehole would have moved their stuff. I never asked anyone to move their stuff though as I always felt better shaming them into doing it. Maybe dickish on my part perhaps. 

You guarded trains?

From what? Do folk steal them?

When putting up shelves on a garage wall, discovering that one breezeblock (seems to be one word? Looks odd) can be drilled into quite easily, while the one below it seems to be made of some kind of impenetrable extraterrestrial miracle material that is immune to such attention.

15 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

When putting up shelves on a garage wall, discovering that one breezeblock (seems to be one word? Looks odd) can be drilled into quite easily, while the one below it seems to be made of some kind of impenetrable extraterrestrial miracle material that is immune to such attention.

Velo Army's ex-girlfriends thread for this pish.