Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

26 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

You'd get lost in a supermarket nowadays so no real place to comment 

Aisle have to disagree.

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Can't see why that would annoy anyone.  They're out the road and not wandering about the aisles and I suspect you were never a child.

Drat. You suspect correct.

You ever thought of becoming a professional suspector ?

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I quite often put peppers and carrots etc into my trolley, so I'd really rather they didn't share the same space as others' footwear.

You won't believe what they grow them in. Carrots, not footwear.

Footwear is grown in the blood and tears of young South-East Asian children.

This really isn't petty but I don't know where else to vent my disgust.....

There is a song kicking about at the moment called "You a little boo thang"

As far as im aware, the perpetrator is still free to sing it in public.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This really isn't petty but I don't know where else to vent my disgust.....

There is a song kicking about at the moment called "You a little boo thang"

As far as im aware, the perpetrator is still free to sing it in public.

They don't even try with modern pop, it's all generic auto tuned pish about shagging yet tone deaf idiots still buy it.

I have two fitba free weekends before heading off to Germany, and I'm fecked if I know what to do with myself.

Thought about the Markinch Highland Games but.... meh.....

My mother remembers her relatives complaining about how about Elvis and (later) David Bowie was just noise and not proper music like the stuff they grew up with.

Anyone know what young Scots were listening to a hundred years ago? Must have been good shit.

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

My mother remembers her relatives complaining about how about Elvis and (later) David Bowie was just noise and not proper music like the stuff they grew up with.

Anyone know what young Scots were listening to a hundred years ago? Must have been good shit.

There's plenty of today's music I like. But I won't accept a sentence like the one I described 

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

well, I've got an old 78 I bought in a charity shop years ago that dates from about 1924. 

From it I imagine young Scots were raving down to what you get on Radio Scotland on Saturday between 7 and 9 pm. 

7 hours ago, Empty It said:

They don't even try with modern pop, it's all generic auto tuned pish about shagging yet tone deaf idiots still buy it.

That song in particular is literally "Best of My Love" by the Emotions, but with shite lyrics

9 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I have two fitba free weekends before heading off to Germany, and I'm fecked if I know what to do with myself.

Thought about the Markinch Highland Games but.... meh.....

Go to the Glenn in Dunfermline for the 750th anniversary of the birth of Robert the Bruce which is on Saturday and Sunday and then next weekend just pack your bags. Sorted.

Companies that require a username, things like banks or accessing online services. Why would you need a username for this, just use the email accounts as a proxy username ffs.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

Cliff Richard

13 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Cliff Richard

Nah, the copyright limit for musical recordings is 70 years. If Cliff had been around for that long, he'd have had it extended to 150 years by now, at least.

Took my step daughter and her fiancee for lunch today in Dunfermline. Parking was cheap enough, less than £2.

I had no coins on me. But...I could pay with RingGo.

Phoned the number...apparently they cannot process anything on my phone. I had to download the app or use the website.

I used the website. Mobile data on, 10 minutes of registering, pass codes being texted, entering car and location info...eventually managed it but fucking hassle.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Took my step daughter and her fiancee for lunch today in Dunfermline. Parking was cheap enough, less than £2.

Phoned the number...apparently they cannot process anything on my phone. I had to download the app or use the website.

I used the website. Mobile data on, 10 minutes of registering, pass codes being texted, entering car and location info...eventually managed it but fucking hassle.

Big city problems thread  for this.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

^^^ moaned about it all through lunch…