Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

I know, I was winding (attempt likelihood zero) him up. 

Don't get me wrong, there appears to be an element of the Rangers support that do adopt a weird attitude to supporting Scotland but in the good old days before they ruined Hampden by making it all seated, by far the best place to be for internationals was in the covered terracing which, as all students of the game know was/is universally referred to as "the Rangers end".

I still get flashbacks to that famous night in 1973 when we came back from a goal down to beat Czechoslovakia 2-1 to qualify for the 74 world cup.... over 90,000 attendance... sigh....

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Don't get me wrong, there appears to be an element of the Rangers support that do adopt a weird attitude to supporting Scotland but in the good old days before they ruined Hampden by making it all seated, by far the best place to be for internationals was in the covered terracing which, as all students of the game know was/is universally referred to as "the Rangers end".

I still get flashbacks to that famous night in 1973 when we came back from a goal down to beat Czechoslovakia 2-1 to qualify for the 74 world cup.... over 90,000 attendance... sigh....

The stour in that end when people started jumping around though 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's my anniversary and I've arranged to take us out for dinner...

Oh man. I wonder which one of us will break first and experience a sudden bout of illness.

Nipped into Aldi this morning to get the kids fruit.  Also needed to get coffee and noticed that they had their own rip off version of the one I get.

It works for the beers that they do.  It does not work for the coffee.  It is utterly repulsive.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ive about 2 weeks of work to fit into this morning as Ive a funeral to go to at 1.30.

Is this two weeks of actual work, or two weeks of your regular "work"?

Nipped into Aldi this morning to get the kids fruit.  Also needed to get coffee and noticed that they had their own rip off version of the one I get.

It works for the beers that they do.  It does not work for the coffee.  It is utterly repulsive.

Get Tesco’s own brand coffee.  The one with the red label.  Great value and pretty decent.

I buy Aldi's whole bean coffee, and I like their no 5 strength ones. Some of the Lidl ones are good especially their Nicaraguan whole bean and Lavazza whole bean copy. Personal tastes may vary.

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

They may take my disposable income, but they'll never take my Doube Egberts! Even at nearly £7 a jar! 

Being on Ticketmaster for 20mins before the sale begins. Website immediately telling me it's sold out at two seconds past 10am. I know there was presales but surely not sold out The Hydro already? *refresh page* still sold out. WTF?! Is this real?? "Try other dates" Come out to the full tour list. Go back to the Glasgow date. Suddenly there's tickets. Got my two.

Having gripes against TM/Livenation's monopoly is a legitimate grievance. Their prices, business model and ripping off of everyone is a valid issue. I think this is a Petty Thing That Gets On (My) Nerves because there's still tickets available now. Standing and seating, 11 and a half hours after the sale started. Them telling me there was no tickets at 10am was specifically to piss me off and I think that was very petty of them.

Filmmakers taking 'artistic licence' to churn out revisionist drivel. See the film Darkest Hour, in which:

• Neville Chamberlain is shown as conspiring to take down the Churchill administration from within (literally the opposite of the actual facts, and I'm no pro- Chamberlain revisionist either).

• the King plays the crucial role in steeling Churchill's resolve to reject peace negotiations rather than the royal family focusing on their planned slither to Canada. Completely risible, arse-kissing sycophancy to get an honour for the director from those German space lizards.

• Churchill then takes a ride on the Underground to get the feelings of the true people to return and win over Parliament for a continued struggle - which never actually happened.

Fun fact: the only world statesman who actually spent part of WW2 in their capital's underground train network was Stalin. It was used as a bomb shelter/office throughout the Moscow Offensive. 

Fucking Braveheart is up there with The World at War series for historical integrity compared to this utter horseshit and its shut up and eat your cereal agenda.