Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I fucking hate Airports, full of c***s not aware of their surroundings just stopping everywhere, get the f**k out the way and don't stop in the middle of a main walkway, come back in half an hour and this could be moved to the heads gone thread.

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Which was the second to last version of Windows that was basically just a GUI plonked on top of DOS, the last being the forgettable Windows ME. Ever since then we’ve been running the abomination that is a GUI on top of Windows NT X.x.

DOS 5.0 was excellent, although Windows for Workgroups 3.11 was pretty solid. Since then it’s been a downward spiral, because the third party GUI’s had innovation and functionality at their heart…and Microsoft stepped in and crushed them, effectively freezing development of GUI’s.

It's all been downhill since you had to learn an obtuse text parser to use a computer. DOS users like us got ALL the bitches.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

I fucking hate Airports, full of c***s not aware of their surroundings just stopping everywhere, get the f**k out the way and don't stop in the middle of a main walkway, come back in half an hour and this could be moved to the heads gone thread.

At least if they're going on holiday, they're not clogging up the high streets here.

Who decided that busy shop doorways were an excellent spot to stop and have a think about what you're planning to do with the rest of your day?

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Hide contents

Who decided that busy shop doorways were an excellent spot to stop and have a think about what you're planning to do with the rest of your day?

Best location for black-belts in ignorance to stop for a chat is the end of an escalator. 

On 12/06/2024 at 19:26, BFTD said:

So I just realised today that, some time ago, I agreed to do a night shift on the 23rd of June.

Ls5xZdIjc4uz.gif

Just found out that I'm going to be working on a site with no phone signal, so there'll be no listening to the game on the radio.

IMG_1731.gif.9be38c11b96daeb7328d0b4b4fc

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Best location for black-belts in ignorance to stop for a chat is the end of an escalator. 

Always followed by a haughty "oh, I'M sorry" when the people behind bang into the back of them, as though there's anything at all they could have done to prevent that happening.

@TxRover - you must be allowed to shoot people for this in Texas, right?

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

Fair play for posting whilst falling

Nah just sitting in a sweatbox on a runway with a bunch of wankers playing videos on their phone out loud and a toddler who's having a tantrum, I may have to join in with the tantrum soon.

29 minutes ago, Empty It said:

On the plane and its just been stopped for a technical issue, book me into the Heads Gone thread pls.

Compo Face thread as well if there's a huge delay and you go running to the papers. Caught up in the Manchester power cut delays?

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Nah just sitting in a sweatbox on a runway with a bunch of wankers playing videos on their phone out loud and a toddler who's having a tantrum, I may have to join in with the tantrum soon.

Just waiting for the facebook post of Empty It being manhandled off the plane by burly security lads and Mrs. EmptyIt screaming "But that's mah maaaaaaaaaannn!!!"

P.S. Who's taking care of the dug ?

46 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Just waiting for the facebook post of Empty It being manhandled off the plane by burly security lads and Mrs. EmptyIt screaming "But that's mah maaaaaaaaaannn!!!"

P.S. Who's taking care of the dug ?

I've avoided to "jakes on a plane" thread thankfully, she goes to a kennel when we're away, that's why we can only ever do short trips

7 hours ago, Christophe said:

My flight from Manchester to Munich has just been cancelled, could greet! 

What's the quickest way to sell my Scotland V Hungary ticket? 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

On the plane and its just been stopped for a technical issue, book me into the Heads Gone thread pls.

If you both get stuck in Manchester you can watch it together.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If you both get stuck in Manchester you can watch it together.

Just landed in Oirland for Rammstein tonight before heading to Manchester for Pearl Jam on Wednesday, I'll miss the football tonight but needs must.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

As somebody that worked with tourists in your face for a few seasons, I've got a well-founded theory that even intelligent people leave a part of their brains at home when they go on holiday.  Stupid stuff that you just know they wouldn't do at home.

A gross generalisation I know, but Brits are by far the worst for this.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Always followed by a haughty "oh, I'M sorry" when the people behind bang into the back of them, as though there's anything at all they could have done to prevent that happening.

@TxRover - you must be allowed to shoot people for this in Texas, right?

There’s a solid argument for that being the real reason you can’t have a gun past security. Given the number of shootings at family events where an argument turns to gunfire, they’re probably right.

Of course, then there’s justified reasons like shooting a fellow fan when they’re not disappointed enough your team just lost, which could do with spreading to OF fans tout de suite. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sister-deadly-shooting-was-over-alabama-loss-auburn-flna2D11685829

On 20/06/2024 at 08:22, scottsdad said:

Hayfever got me this morning when I was driving into work. 

Taken an antihistamine now but I look like I have been pepper sprayed. 

I left a microscope slide out on my top-of-the-stairs window sill this morning and just had a scan over it. 

Not had any windows open all day and yet it's got a fair whack of timothy grass (and even some oilseed rape) pollen over it.  Upstairs in the house FFS!, which helps explain why I've woken up with a scratchy throat without leaving the bed.   It's everywhere.

And yes...

a59cf580c6a115f4bad42dda36312ca5.jpg.6377855a6780bc47e49b52831d311ff6.jpg