Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

If you're in any line of business that involves pissing people off then you've got to be willing to take it. It's like being a referee - abuse is part of the package.

I've never actually sworn at any of these guys down the phone yet but I'm getting closer to it by the day.

It's just because I know people who used to come home from working in call centres having been shouted at maybe 10-15 times in one day, and even if they were willing to take it, it still wore them down.

But their job does personally annoy people.

"I'm not trying to sell you anything, are you the home owner?"

"if you could replace all your windows how many would you replace?"

"we are conducting a survey and would like to ask a few questions, are you the homeowner?"

I've got a sticker on my window saying no cold calling and I've opted into the TPS thing but the still knock and call.

"just doing their job" is bull I'm afraid, it's an industry full of half truths and outright lies.

Occasionally I just keep saying 'yes' to everything they say like a primary school kid does just to be annoying.

Anyone got any ideas on how to piss them off so that such cold calls can actually be welcomed as a good laugh at times?

Occasionally I just keep saying 'yes' to everything they say like a primary school kid does just to be annoying.

Anyone got any ideas on how to piss them off so that such cold calls can actually be welcomed as a good laugh at times?

i used to invite the conservatory people round to mine in peterhead,i lived in a first floor flat,the same company sent the same guy 3 times

If you're in any line of business that involves pissing people off then you've got to be willing to take it. It's like being a referee - abuse is part of the package.

I've never actually sworn at any of these guys down the phone yet but I'm getting closer to it by the day. The new breed have started phoning me up at about 9am at the weekend while I'm trying to get a long lie. These guys deserve whatever they get.

How would you like it if someone came into your work and started swearing at you every day? It's not part of anyones job to be sworn at.

How would you like it if someone came into your work and started swearing at you every day? It's not part of anyones job to be sworn at.

Having somebody random wander into my work and having somebody at their work effectively coming into my home via my private home phoneline are two completely different things.

It's all about invasion of privacy. If you can't get a long lie on a Sunday morning then when can you. If someone random wandered into my home and woke me up in bed trying to sell me a conservatory, being swore at would be the least of their worries I'm afraid.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I'm currently 200 words into a 2500 word essay that's due in at noon tomorrow.

I've been off for a week and had nothing preventing me from doing this.

My own laziness gets on my nerves, I'm a dick.

Edited by JamboMikey

I'm currently 200 words into a 2500 word essay that's due in at noon tomorrow.

I've been off for a week and had nothing preventing me from doing this.

My own laziness gets on my nerves, I'm a dick.

I used to be like this too. Seemed to thrive on the panic and terror, more so at 3am when the uni computers reboot and you have to start all over again. Got my best marks this way strangely. Less time to balls it up I suppose.

I've got a sticker on my window saying no cold calling

:lol: :lol:

Aye a sticker on your window is going to stop them.

Have you ever opened the door and asked if they've seen the sticker?

"Here pal, this sticker says that I don't want your type at my door"

Edited by DeadStar

Real radio phone in.

Steven Presley on the line. First question:

' how do you think Neil Lennon is feeling after winning the league?'

The man has just won his first trophy and you are asking about Celtic?

Then Presley did something that scared me for a football manager. He talked sense.

Wants bigger spl as it what's the fans want, bums on seats will outweigh the tv deal.

Give the fans what they want and they will come back.

Also wanted play offs for Europe and relegation and 16-18 teams in spl

Sensible.

We had cold callers at the door teh other week, it was a nice day so we left the door open, they knocked the door and I shouted that i wasnt interested, and instead of walking away they had the cheek to shout " you don't even know why we are here"

:lol: :lol:

Aye a sticker on your window is going to stop them.

Have you ever opened the door and asked if they've seen the sticker?

"Here pal, this sticker says that I don't want your type at my door"

What I was obviously trying to say is that these people know that I don't want them and will not deal with them before they even knock, I have given them fair warning.

I'm hoping to replace it with a dead body wearing a polyester suit impaled on a stick at some point.

I've never actually sworn at any of these guys down the phone yet but I'm getting closer to it by the day. The new breed have started phoning me up at about 9am at the weekend while I'm trying to get a long lie. These guys deserve whatever they get.

I disagree. In fact, I was listening to my family complaining about how they are constantly getting called, and its always at the worst times etc. Oh, and how they put the phone next to the radio, shout abuse etc. Whereas I always thank them for their call, wish them a nice day, and put the phone down. Now I'm not saying there is a connection, but I seem to get less cold calls at awkward hours than most of my family...

There is no place for being sworn at or abused just for doing your job. These people are just trying to earn money and get by. Frankly, if I worked at one of those places, I'd take the names of everyone who gave me abuse, and be sure to call them every single fucking meal time in retaliation.

Real radio phone in.

Steven Presley on the line. First question:

' how do you think Neil Lennon is feeling after winning the league?'

The man has just won his first trophy and you are asking about Celtic?

Then Presley did something that scared me for a football manager. He talked sense.

Wants bigger spl as it what's the fans want, bums on seats will outweigh the tv deal.

Give the fans what they want and they will come back.

Sensible.

Yep - I forgot that Pressley was an expert in economics.

Seriously, what he says is a decent suggestion, but there's no way of knowing that bums on seats will give more money than the telly. It's just speculation.

Sorting out visas when the country you are applying for has a link to opening hours and there are no opening hours to be found on the link

Im sure the fuckers get off on it

"gringos want to come our country,lets make it nearly impossible to find out any information"

Not cold calling but similar. When i phone my catalogue to settle my bill monthly they would hit with the pitch "we have a couple of offers on your account" The lady went on to offer me the England tracksuit 1/3rd off, i said i was Scottish, she then went on to offer me the England top 1/3rd off, still Scottish love laugh.gif

Yep - I forgot that Pressley was an expert in economics.

Seriously, what he says is a decent suggestion, but there's no way of knowing that bums on seats will give more money than the telly. It's just speculation.

So f**k the fans if it was proved bigger crowds wouldn't outweigh the TV deal?

And we wonder why the game is dead here.

Who exactly are we trying to look after here? The hordes of Old Firm fans who would rather drink £30 worth of beer in the pub than go to Glasgow and actually watch the sodding game.

Not cold calling but similar. When i phone my catalogue to settle my bill monthly they would hit with the pitch "we have a couple of offers on your account" The lady went on to offer me the England tracksuit 1/3rd off, i said i was Scottish, she then went on to offer me the England top 1/3rd off, still Scottish love laugh.gif

Catalogue, you say?

Sensible.

Because his Falkirk side have sunk like a stone and he's wanting any chance he can get to gain promotion.

Snivelling hypocrite more like.