Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Lurpak Lighter that does not adhere to a cold knife.

As I once learned from Viz Top Tips:

Fool your friends into thinking you use expensive butter by simply using cheap margerine and ripping holes in the bread.

My wife is on holiday this week so I'm at home with both kids. The eldest seems to have got it into his head that constantly bouncing on the bed is fun, although when he fell off the noise woke his little brother up, who had just went to sleep.

I'm fucking exhausted. :(

I fell off ladders in the bathroom earlier and broke the toilet. I almost broke my mum as well.

Was amusing, but painful.

Lost a hub cap off my mums car today, no idea where, no idea when, I didn't hit anything and tbh I had to keep kicking it back on. Did she believe I hadn't curbed her car, did she hell, on the plus side they needed replacing anyway, so it might give her the incentive to get them done. I will happily give her the 20 quid it will cost.

Lost a hub cap off my mums car today, no idea where, no idea when, I didn't hit anything and tbh I had to keep kicking it back on. Did she believe I hadn't curbed her car, did she hell, on the plus side they needed replacing anyway, so it might give her the incentive to get them done. I will happily give her the 20 quid it will cost.

Next time, get yourself some clear cable ties, put them round the metal wheel and then round the hubcap. Keep a pair of scissors in the boot with the jack. No one will notice, takes slightly longer to change a tyre, but you will never lose/ have stolen a hubcap again!

Boiler is 27 years old, i believe it may be time for a new one as i need to get a new part for it. :( Just cant afford to pay for one

I've been with the Mrs longer than this, but thankfully no need for major component replacement .......Yet....! ;)

Boiler is 27 years old, i believe it may be time for a new one as i need to get a new part for it. :( Just cant afford to pay for one

Brittish gas are advertising that you can get a new boiler installed and take the option to pay for it up to ten years,and get £400 for your old boiler.

Brittish gas are advertising that you can get a new boiler installed and take the option to pay for it up to ten years,and get £400 for your old boiler.

You'd be fucking bonkers to get British gas to replace your boiler. They'll replace the boiler and tell you that you need the gas intake pipes replaced and try to sell you a yearly service that's far beyond what you need. It will total out at four grand and they'll get you to apply for a secured loan with Black Horse that's tied in for about seven years.

Ask around, find a qualified Gas Safe registered heating engineer and tell him you'll supply a Baxi or Vokera (approx 27cdi roughly 500 quid) and you'll give him 300 or 400 cash to fit it and sign it off.