Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Another tosser on the train who has the wee "ping" turned on to make a sound at every keystroke of the text he's sending. WTF is that all about?

Almost as bad as Hector Salamanca from Breaking Bad describing how to get from Queen St to Central Station I'd imagine.

8adb3b992b77f7bdae709d804eb83fa5.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

People who make that stupid popping sound with chewing gum.

Especially invigilators that do it all the way through university exams. This actually happened. Fucking raging.

The way Lineker picks up a bit of paper then puts his specs on temporarily to read what's on it, then takes his specs off and puts the bit of paper down again.

How could that get on your nerves :lol: ?

That the history channel is/ now just for repeats of crappy reality shows about storage lockers, pawn shops or shows about aliens.

I love Shipping Wars, Storage Wars, American restoration, Pawn Stars! :(

I see your point though, it's like MTV, started off playing music video. not it's just reality shows

The 'Wimbledon Laugh' (a term I've just invented).

I.e. When the crowd does a half arsed laugh when something mildly amusing happens (e.g. Someone gets whacked by a ball) or when some tosser cracks a shite joke (e.g. someone shouting "come on Andy!" during a game not involving Andy Murray).

You all know the one. For whatever reason, only a collection of middle aged middle class people can pull it off.

Edited by Hedgecutter

The 'Wimbledon Laugh' (a term I've just invented).

I.e. When the crowd does a half arsed laugh when something mildly amusing happens (e.g. Someone gets whacked by a ball) or when some tosser cracks a shite joke (e.g. someone shouting "come on Andy!" during a game not involving Andy Murray).

You all know the one. For whatever reason, only a collection of middle aged middle class people can pull it off.

https://twitter.com/TwopTwips/status/484376866460278784

Just got picked up on my cover letter starting "Dear Sirs" where there is no-one specific to reply to, in the form of

"ps - id advice you not to limit your salutation to males, there are many women in the work force. "

So many fails there! I corrected them and replied, guess I am not getting employed there!

I corrected the

"ps - id advice you not to limit your salutation to males, there are many women in the work force.

as I feel, maybe a bit justifiably, that if someone is going to pick me up on "Dear Sirs" they should have some basic grasp of grammar?

ETA or even spelling?

Edited by Raidernation