Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I actually hate nipping into a shop that's supposed to close in about 5 minutes; mainly incase the person behind the counter has the same attitude as Philpy! :o I shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable going into a shop that is still open, just because it's nearly shutting time. If folk don't want customers at 5 minutes before closing time then they should lock up before anyone else enters. If not, deal with it, it's your f*cking job :angry:

Was it the same bloke?

Yes, and I'll be back at 4.58 on Monday.

This would actually be amazing. Hope he reads P&B :lol:

Edited by Gaz

Guest The Phoenix
My office is already making arrangements for a Christmas night out

It's July.

Would you rather they waited until 4:56 p.m. on Christmas Eve?

I actually hate nipping into a shop that's supposed to close in about 5 minutes; mainly incase the person behind the counter has the same attitude as Philpy! :o I shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable going into a shop that is still open, just because it's nearly shutting time. If folk don't want customers at 5 minutes before closing time then they should lock up before anyone else enters. If not, deal with it, it's your f*cking job :angry:

We had pretty much locked up, that's the thing! All the shutters were down and locked, apart from the one which we use to go out, but surely the fact that the main big shutter was down should have Been an indication that we were just closing. I don't feel guilty about going into a shop at that time - purely because I wouldn't do it. It's nice for people to show a bit of sense and common decencey, the folk inside have been working all day and just want to get home, not having to put up with ignorant fuckwits like that who don't even the savvy or courtesy to get down earlier or at least phone ahead.

Guest The Phoenix

4:59 door open - customer expects and entitled to service.

5:00 door shut - customer can't get in.

What's so hard for you to take in Philpy?

If you don't want customers in the shop after 5, shut earlier.

I don't think I'm the one struggling to take anything in here old bean. The fact is, the guy showed a lack of respect to us by coming in at such a daft time. And on that note, I think I'll just leave the "argument" at that.

Customer comes into work at 16.56 pm (FOUR FUCKIN minutes before we shut) for stuff which he knew fine well we would have to dig out with the forklift. I had the nerve, according to him to shake my head and mutter under my breath (what does he expect me to do when he comes in at that time, cartwheels??), he then storms into the office telling my boss that me and my work colleague are "torn face c***s") and he would be back on Monday for a refund. The boss then told him that if he phoned the depot beforehand we would have the stuff ready for him no problem, as long as he gave us plenty notice. But no, according to him he was within his rights to come In as it was ONLY 4 minutes before we shut.

Anyway, Philpy's post brings me onto another one.

People who write the time as say 16.56 PM, it's either 16:56 or 4.56 PM not some mish mash of the 2

What shop has forklifts?

Warehouse, supermarket or builders merchants perhaps?

"Morning Rashid can I have a paper two rolls, oh aye and a pallet of those teabags thanks".

What shop has forklifts?

Warehouse, supermarket or builders merchants perhaps?

"Morning Rashid can I have a paper two rolls, oh aye and a pallet of those teabags thanks".

It's a timber merchants.

Customer comes into work at 16.56 pm (FOUR FUCKIN minutes before we shut) for stuff which he knew fine well we would have to dig out with the forklift. I had the nerve, according to him to shake my head and mutter under my breath (what does he expect me to do when he comes in at that time, cartwheels??), he then storms into the office telling my boss that me and my work colleague are "torn face c***s") and he would be back on Monday for a refund. The boss then told him that if he phoned the depot beforehand we would have the stuff ready for him no problem, as long as he gave us plenty notice. But no, according to him he was within his rights to come In as it was ONLY 4 minutes before we shut.

How long would it have taken to get the stuff?

I don't think I'm the one struggling to take anything in here old bean. The fact is, the guy showed a lack of respect to us by coming in at such a daft time. And on that note, I think I'll just leave the "argument" at that.
Away ye go. You should advertise your closing time as 4.45pm. That let's you clear customers already in and allow you to finish at 5. Or ask to extend your hours to include a closing period. Poor organisation Philpy!

Away ye go. You should advertise your closing time as 4.45pm. That let's you clear customers already in and allow you to finish at 5. Or ask to extend your hours to include a closing period. Poor organisation Philpy!

He could have tried another branch? With Philpy on full lead-swinging mode the customer wood have been barking up the wrong tree? :whistle