Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who call me on the landline at work, and assume that I will know - and/or care - who they are. Tell me who you are, FFS, and don't be so presumptious as to believe that I'll recognise your voice!

It is even more annoying if a work colleague does this and adds, "hi, it's me....". Really?!?! And who the f'ck would you be then?

Edited by Drooper

Er, because it influences the entire day?

How? What difference does the weather make to someone sitting in an office?

Or if it's a weekend would you really not go to the football for example if it's raining?

Or if it's a weekend would you really not go to the football for example if it's raining?

I couldn't agree more with you.

I work in a windowless office and sit next to a daft bint with a weather fixation. Anytime someone comes back from being outside or near a window, she asks what it's like. Everytime she comes back from the same situation, we get a weather report.

And if I tell her I couldn't care less (and I have), she goes in a major huff.

She's probably the pttgoyn the most!

No bad weather, just a bad choice of clothing... although I often have trouble getting the folk on my field trips to Skye believing that 100%. Seriously though, a wee bit of rain sometimes and some of them will just wander about kicking grass whilst I consider handing them a card for the Samaritans.

I share your annoyance with weather forecasters giving us their opinions rather than the actual weather. A true pet hate of mine.

Edited by Hedgecutter

And we get two weather forecasts within about twenty seconds. First we get the Scottish weather followed by the "national" weather. Both telling us how rain is bad.

I love it when it rains. No need to water the plants!

Some people actually like to do outdoor activities. I try to go for a long walk almost every weekend or several times a week during the summer holidays.

Some people actually like to do outdoor activities. I try to go for a long walk almost every weekend or several times a week during the summer holidays.

And does rain seriously stop you doing those things?!

And does rain seriously stop you doing those things?!

Despite the fact I have good quality waterproofs, walking for 8 hrs in the rain is not particularly pleasant.

If you don't understand that walking in good weather is more enjoyable than when it's raining then you're either mentally retarded or just not wanting to backtrack

Tell us more about your dogging please...............?

Please don't! Dogging's always sounded rank to me, and nothing in my extensive studies has caused me to change my mind :ph34r:

People who call me on the landline at work, and assume that I will know - and/or care - who they are. Tell me who you are, FFS, and don't be so presumptious as to believe that I'll recognise your voice!

It is even more annoying if a work colleague does this and adds, "hi, it's me....". Really?!?! And who the f'ck would you be then?

The correct reply is "No. You're not me!"

I finish my shift at 7am and am picking up a hire car at 9am. I was planning to go for a swim in between but the baths next to my work don't open until 8am. Warrender Baths open at 6am but it'll be a pain getting up there and then out to Sighthill for the car. I could end up just sitting about doing nothing for two hours.

FML.

Very little presumably, but you're just focusing on a certain group of people who sit indoors. What about people who work outdoors? I'm sure they'll care if there's a hurricane.

I would still go to the football if it was raining but I wouldn't go to the zoo. I'd go to the cinema if there was a blizzard but I wouldn't go hillwalking.